In MidBoss, you start out as an imp – the weakest monster in the land. Tired of being bullied by the other monsters, you set off on a quest to reach the deepest levels of the dungeon, defeat the final boss, and take its place. You won’t remain a weak little imp for long, though: Possess the body of each enemy you kill, and use their powers to continue on your quest! Gain experience to level up and increase your imp’s base stats to provide major boosts to the bodies you possess. Master the powers of your possessed forms and equip them to your basic imp body to make it even stronger.
Explore a procedurally-generated death labyrinth filled with monsters, traps, potions, treasures, and more. Loot items and gear to further enhance your stats – but do so at your own risk: Cursed items are a thing – and if you equip them, you’ll have a bad time ...
Featuring a plethora of customizable modes, MidBoss also offers a variety of accessibility options to address color blindness, enable “queasy safe” mode, adjust screen shake, and more.
Emma ‘Eniko’ Maassen (Founder, Kitsune Games):
“MidBoss started life as a Ludum Dare project in 2012. Like our little imp, the game had a habit of ‘possessing’ unsuspecting onlookers – getting them hooked right away. It’s been gratifying to see the game evolve, thanks to our loyal beta testers’ feedback and support. We can’t wait for everyone’s Death Cards to start popping up on Twitter!”
* Unlock 60+ unique abilities as you defeat enemies and possess their bodies.
* Explore procedurally-generated environments filled with randomized potions and traps – along with unidentified and cursed items.
* Choose Quick Play mode for shorter games – or create your own experience in Custom Game mode.
* When you die (and you will die), share a death card documenting your run; as a bonus, death cards can be used to replay the game with the same seed and settings!
* Customize your gameplay with a variety of helpful accessibility options.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
MidBoss is now available on Steam and itch.io for PC, Mac, and Linux for $14.99. A Windows Store version will be available later this year.