My Thoughts On Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (2013)

No comments have been found at this time

Details

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Posted by zeke morgan
Review for Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (2013) which is a single player downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed Black Flag that was released on 17th December 2013 for PlayStation and Xbox.

A Standalone version of the game was further released 18th February 2014 for PlayStation and 25th February for PC which allowed people to play the game without the need to own Assassin’s Creed Black Flag.

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag tells the emotional story of Adewale, Edward Kenway’s once first mate, as you dive into some powerful themes of slavery and consider the true price of freedom. Adewale’s mission to liberate the slaves of Port-Au-Prince while attempting to spark a revolution is rather engrossing, and players may feel an emotional pining when faced with helping runaway slaves or the auctioning off of an entire family.

The liberating mechanics of Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry are, to me, a bit underwhelming, as I expected our resistance movement to rise up against the Island’s corrupt and oppressive leaders (similar to Assassin’s Creed Syndicate) however this never materialised. Character upgrades are rewarded at predetermined intervals, linked to saving slaves and building your resistance but I felt this could of better implemented.

Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry is a rather short narrative, that spans nine acts, which can be completed fairly easily and quickly, even when factoring in exploration you would be hard pressed to hit above the five / six hour mark. It also suffers from Assassin’s Creed’s rather formulaic mission pattern and this can make both the exploration and mission seem rather bland in comparison to the beautiful setting of the West Indies (1735-1737).

If you enjoyed this review and found it helpful then please don’t hesitate to leave a like, comment, share and subscribe for more great content, and don’t forget to hit the notification icon so you never miss a video.
0     0     1,141