My Thoughts on Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (2013)

No comments have been found at this time

Details

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:09 PM
Posted by zeke morgan
Review for Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (2013), which is an action, adventure game developed by StarBreeze Studios and published by 505 Games.

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (2013) is a breathtaking tale of two siblings, desperate to save their father who is on the brink of death. They are left with only one option to set out on an adventure to save his life whilst overcoming some extremely dark themes of loss. Throughout their adventure they come to rely on each other to survive - one must be strong when the other is weak, one is brave whilst the other is fearful and it’s this brotherly portrayal, and bond that I fell in love with very early on in the game.

One thing to remember and take note of is Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (2013) control system in which players are given simultaneous control of both brother using only the analogue sticks and trigger buttons to differentiate between them - with the left pair being used to control the older brother and the right being used to control the younger brother. While this is a rather interesting control function I think this could have lent itself to a co-operative feature or game mode better. Especially as players may often find themselves running the brothers into walls, when they inevitably cross paths during the game, of course this isn’t a game changer, it does break your immersion slightly.

The game’s dialogue is spoken in a fictitious language and as such players have to rely upon actions, gestures, and expressions in order to decipher the meanings - though don’t fret the map is rather linear and you should never fear about being unable to progress or getting lost.

One thing I forget to mention in the verbal review of Brothers A Tale of Two Son’s is the wondrous locations, and music soundtrack that you are presented with during your quest. This serves to further immerse you in the game and I personally felt in awe at some of the huge scale of these maps, certainly having the brothers work together to progress always felt like an accomplishment and never a chore.

All in all I felt that Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (2013) is a wondrous, vibrant and captivating adventure that really took me on a journey, and surprised me with the dark themes that it presented along the way - and it's campaign time of around 3-5 hours makes sure you won’t be forgetting it in a while.

If you enjoyed this review, and found it helpful then why not leave a like, comment, share and subscribe, also don’t forget to hit that notification icon so you never miss a video.
0     0     1,138