10. Alan Sugar is a well known English businessman, media personality, and presenter. He is also the former owner of the electronics company Amstrad.
9. Sugar was born in Hackney, London in 1947. His parents were Jewish, and his niece is Rita Simons, who appears in the long running soap opera, EastEnders.
8. As a boy he was nicknamed Mopsy because of his curly hair, and made money selling electronics from a van, selling photographic film to classmates, and making ginger beer. He made more money than his father, a tailor.
7. Sugar founded Amstrad (AMS (his initials) Trading) in 1968. The company began as a general importer/exporter and wholesaler, but soon specialized in consumer electronics. This is where Sugar started to gather his fortune and he is presently worth 770 million.
6. Alan Sugar has been described as the rudest man in Britain, and a bully. He has also been criticized for having old fashioned views on women in the workplace. We are all sure this is not true.
5. He is known for his collection of classic Bentleys and Rolls Royce cars, including one with the registration number AMS 1.
4. Alan Sugar is a keen football fan and was the chairman of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club from 1991 to 2001.
3. He was knighted in 2001 (Sir Alan) and he was made Lord Sugar in 2009.
2. Alan was married to Ann Simons, Baroness Sugar in 1968. Their 40th wedding anniversary was attended by many guests, including Elton John and the late Bruce Forsyth.
1. Alan Sugar is famous for appearing in the popular British TV show The Apprentice and telling contestants: You’re fired. The series has led to spin off shows and has featured in an episode of Dr. Who.
Lord Sugar is the presenter of the apprentice UK.
Let us know if you want more The Apprentice UK, The Voice UK, Strictly Come Dancing or X Factor UK top list s videos in the comments.
We try to get the best facts possible for our viewers, but if you think your facts are better let us know in the comments
All the Alan images were attained by google image search with images tagged free to use and / or modify including for commercial use.