Top 10 Facts About Tess Daly - Strictly Come Dancing Host and Presenter!

No comments have been found at this time

Details

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:11 PM
Posted by Smart Facts UK
Top 10 Facts About Tess Daly / Facts About Tess Daly

What will you find out about Tess Daly?, Thanks for watching Subscribe for more.

Follow Smart Facts UK on Facebook : - https://www.facebook.com/SmartFactsUK

Top 10 Facts Tess Daly

10. Tess was born Helen Elizabeth Daly in Stockport, 1969. She is a well known British TV presenter, entertainment personality and model.

9. Tess has a strong work ethic (even if she ignored her parents advice). "My mum and dad considered a good job either nursing or working at a bank because, then, a job at a bank was for life and you had an interest-free mortgage and a pension. My mum thought that was the perfect job and tried to persuade me," she said. We're glad she didn't listen!

8. She started working aged 17 when she was scouted as a model, Tess was discovered outside a McDonalds in Manchester a few weeks before she turned 18.

7. She can speak Japanese, Tess was sent to Japan as her first destination during her modelling years – and learned some of the language while she was there. Impressive!

6. She has appeared in TWO Duran Duran music videos, Tess makes a sultry cameo in the video for their 1990 song Violence of Summer (Love’s Taking Over) and has a rather starring role in the video for their follow up song Serious (set in a circus). Rock and roll!

5. She strips naked in another music video, not content with perking up Duran Duran videos, Tess also features in the Sweet Harmony music video for elector dance band The Beloved in 1993.

4. She is a hands on mum, Tess prides herself on the fact she has never hired a nanny and thinks it is great to be as involved in her children’s lives as possible. "I don’t want to hand over a role that I so thoroughly enjoy myself. I love those moments – the homework, the school run, when I get to chat to other mums. That’s real life," Tess says.

3. Tess has a LOT of Celebrity friends. It’s not just famous co-stars like the late Bruce Forsyth and Claudie Winkelman that Tess hangs out with. The former model also likes to rub shoulders with Hollywood stars Goldie Hawn and Kate Hudson, former girlband members like Kimberly Walsh and Emma Bunton, and even the royals – Prince Charles and Camilla! Fancy!

2. On 12th of September 2003, Tess got married to Vernon Kay. Vernon Kay is also a television personality and a former model. Within a year after being married with him, she gave birth to a sweet little baby girl named Phoebe Elizabeth Daly

1. Tess joined presenting legend Sir Bruce Forsyth in 2004 when the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing show launched and has been the longest serving host ever since – appearing on all series and specials since.

Let us know if you want more, The Voice UK, Strictly Come Dancing or X Factor UK top list s videos in the comments.

We try to get the best facts possible for our viewers, but if you think your facts are better let us know in the comments

All the Tess images were attained by google image search with images tagged free to use and / or modify including for commercial use.

Music is by https://player.epidemicsound.com/#/ Epidemic Sound Membership paid for by Freedom MCN.
0     0     979