Network 4k 1k Rule And how it will effect you

• Thread starter Deleted member 197467
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197467

For those of you who don't know who I am. I'm Cmcq80, a kid friendly gamer with just over 500 subs. I stream Minecraft, Roblox, and many other games as well as upload music related content to my channel. I stream 1-3 times a week on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday.

So that I said who I am now I can start talking about the new rule, and why it was implanted. As you know YouTube is a large platform were people can post videos and live stream to. Resently they changed their moderation rules (rules that say when you are able to gain money off of your videos) from 1k to 10k total views need in the last year. Again YouTube changed their rules for moderation just about six mouths later. Now with the new rule saying you need 10k total views in the last year, 4k total watch hours in the last year, and 1k subs to be able to start making money off of YouTube. So lets go down to the basics... Why did YouTube do this? Its it clear that YouTube doesn't have the money to give out to so many diffent people so they did the only thing possible to keep their money. Make it harder to gain money. Now for most of the larger channels who have been out their longer this will not effect you, but for channels just starting out, or for people who are under 18 and run a channel that is smaller. This will effect them greatly. I was making about 2-5$ a month off of YouTube. I know that isn't much, but it would let me save for pc upgrades and stuff. Most people who are on YouTube try hard to gain subs, but cant because of the lake of gear they have. Instead they try their best to make good content with what they have. Gaining the little bits of money they get from fans and YouTube to save up for better gear.

I have been doing YouTube for just over a year now, and have 45 diffent videos published on my channel. Most of them are live streams. To be able to live stream you need a good computer and good internet. I have good internet, but could use a computer upgrade. I have 542 subs currently and making about 1-5 subs per stream. my channel grows slowly and I should get to 1k in about three-six months. For now the challenge is to keep being able to stream and make content within that time and still gain subs.

As Freedom's goal is to help everyone's channels grow. I'm going to be forming a thing were YouTubers will post their channel links below and other YouTubers will give them a shout out. This will help smaller channels grow faster then before. If the larger channels (more then 1k) helps out and give the smaller channels (less then 1k) the smaller channels will grow and the larger channels will also get some benefit to giving the smaller channels shout-outs.

Well I wish everyone best of luck on growing their channels, and to you who are under 1k subs remember this saying, "You can do anything as long as you try hard enough, don't let anyone tell you other wise" - Connor M.

Reactions: RyanSellers

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Thank you, it must be all the staff skills I have had in the last two years!
Staff skills are good to have! A couple years ago I got invited to be part of the Freedom! Community team at the beginning of it. I was with them Freedom team on Skype daily for a couple months, but it got to busy for me. So I left the Freedom! Community team before they officially started.

D

Deleted member 197467

Staff skills are good to have! A couple years ago I got invited to be part of the Freedom! Community team at the beginning of it. I was with them Freedom team on Skype daily for a couple months, but it got to busy for me. So I left the Freedom! Community team before they officially started.
Yeah, what I have learned from my staffing skills is that if you get staff on something try to keep it you ever know where it might go. I got admin on this one Network, but I quite because nothing was happing, later they come out as one of the biggest Minecraft networks out there, known as The Hive. Wish I never left...

Reactions: RyanSellers