About getting paid, i didnt know where to post so i put it in general comments/chats

harron poulton

Freedom! Member
Nov 16, 2015
ProAZGaming
hey guys ITsAza96 here and im just interested in how do us youtubers get paid, because i currently have a view count of 1779 and subscribers of 45, my videos have been getting more viewers which is brilliant and that is what us all new youtubers are here for, but i know when you monetize your videos only a % of revenue goes to you, but what % goes to you through Freedom network if i came across this before i must of forgot can someone help me out or refresh my memory thank you so much :)

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
General rule of thumb is about $1 per thousand views... some make more some make less...
It depends on what ads you activate, and what ads get shown to your audience, and how many of them block your ads, versus how many interact with the ads

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
hey guys ITsAza96 here and im just interested in how do us youtubers get paid, because i currently have a view count of 1779 and subscribers of 45, my videos have been getting more viewers which is brilliant and that is what us all new youtubers are here for, but i know when you monetize your videos only a % of revenue goes to you, but what % goes to you through Freedom network if i came across this before i must of forgot can someone help me out or refresh my memory thank you so much :)
You get paid via PayPal, also based upon how many views/ad's you allow on your video's, I'd recommend checking out the FAQ on Getting Paid, they say going into your freedom dashboard will allow you to put in your Paypal Address.

Soon they'll start doing Direct Deposits to your or anyone's bank account's, which I think is a great thing, but also a bad thing at the same time.

Best Of Luck!

~Zac's Custom

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
To label percentages, YouTube takes 45% of all ad revenue before giving the other 55% to Freedom!, which then gives 60% of that to you if you just join (up to 90% if you're big).

It irks me when George said "not a percentage of a percentage", which was wrong for the above reason.

As Kira said though, the rule is ~$1/1000views. Expect it to fluctuate since CPM is as dynamic as your view count should be.

harron poulton

Freedom! Member
Nov 16, 2015
ProAZGaming
well ive recently hit 2000 channel views, so i doubt im going to get just $2 idk really, but ive been bringing some nice content recently and it is hard trying to attract viewers to your channel because you know there are bigger and possibly better youtubers over you looking down on your channel or on you in general, but you just have to be positive and go for it, i mean ive attracted 2005 viewers to my channel and like 49/51 subs are potentially active and i get 50~120 views per vid, im happy that im growing i really am :)

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
If you go to your analytics on youtube it will tell you your cpm depending on the ad type.

So for instance if your CPM is at $6.00 and you get 2000 views, that means an advertiser is paying $6 for each 1000 monetised views shown. Unfortunately most views on youtube aren't monetised usually only around %25 or less for gaming channels. This is because of people using adblock as well as viewing on devices that can't show ads or the ads just aren't shown.

So from your 2000 views lets say 500 are monetised $6.00 x 0.500 = $3

First youtube takes their cut of %45 so you are left with $3 x 0.55 = $1.65

Now freedom takes their cut of %40 (if your at the default share) $1.65 x 0.6 = $0.99

Reactions: Charles Meekins

AverageEverydayGuy

Rising User
Dec 14, 2015
YouTube
Generally 1$ is made per 1000 views and depending on who your partnered with you make about 40-60% of that so If you got 10000 views with 60% revenue you would be making around 6 dollars

harron poulton

Freedom! Member
Nov 16, 2015
ProAZGaming
so do i take 40% or the 60% also how do i check my monetized views? it says here monetized playbacks of 261, but thats not monetized views is it and thank you for the replies

harron poulton

Freedom! Member
Nov 16, 2015
ProAZGaming
okay so since i could monetize, and joining Freedom since november 16th, what would be my monetized views? the 272 ( as of this comment ) and, also a quick question, as i joined November 16th will i be paid on the 16th of jan, as thats 2 months or what would it be thank you

Deron Campbell

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 3, 2015
YouTube
okay so since i could monetize, and joining Freedom since november 16th, what would be my monetized views? the 272 ( as of this comment ) and, also a quick question, as i joined November 16th will i be paid on the 16th of jan, as thats 2 months or what would it be thank you
yes, your november payments will be paid out on January.

Reactions: harron poulton

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User

It should show your estimated earnings in the analytics, just multiply that by 0.60 and that should be around what you will earn :)

All payments are paid at the end of the month, so your November earnings (Nov 16th to Nov 30th) will be paid on the 31st of January. This should support article helps explain it a little better http://freedom.support.tm/support/solutions/articles/5000002381-when-do-i-get-paid-by-freedom-

Reactions: harron poulton

harron poulton

Freedom! Member
Nov 16, 2015
ProAZGaming
aha thank you so much :) i actually love this network due to that everyone is soooo dayum helpful!![DOUBLEPOST=1451231738][/DOUBLEPOST]also because im from the UK do i have to pay tax on what i earn? because im not exactly BIG or RECOGNIZED on youtube? soooo? btw thank you all Freedom team + hope you all had a brilliant Christmas :D

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Depending on which country you are from there is usually a threshold where you don't need to pay tax if you are earning under this amount. I think it's something like 10,000 pounds per year for the UK, so if you earn under that you wont have to pay tax. If you have other jobs this gets included in your total income so keep that in mind.

I'm not expert in this so you may want to double check with how income tax works in the UK.