Status
Not open for further replies.

NuriGames

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 24, 2015
Spain
YouTube
I just heard that if you put less than 8 seconds of copyrighted music you cannot be denounced by youtube. Is that true?

GhostTank

Rising User
Freedom! Member
That might be true, I am not 100% sure how YouTube is actually checking for copyrighted content. But by the copyright law, you are not allowed to use any copyrighted song, not even for 1 second. So if youtube analyzes every 8 seconds of a video you might be able to pass unpunished and unnoticed but it is against the copyright law. So you can't be 100% sure nothing will happen with YouTube

Hope it helps!
Have a nice day!

Upvote 0

mccluvinx

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
big youtubers are more than likely able to get the licensing for the songs. I used to always think this as well but when you think about these large youtubers their networks are probably getting them deals with big big artists to be able to use parts of their songs etc. afterall their videos get so many views they would easily get copyright striked if they were doing anything wrong but their videos always stay up which must mean they have permission :)

Upvote 0

NuriGames

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 24, 2015
Spain
YouTube
big youtubers are more than likely able to get the licensing for the songs. I used to always think this as well but when you think about these large youtubers their networks are probably getting them deals with big big artists to be able to use parts of their songs etc. afterall their videos get so many views they would easily get copyright striked if they were doing anything wrong but their videos always stay up which must mean they have permission :)
I think the same.. they would have contracts with their networks that would allow them to put copyrighted music

Upvote 0

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I had a video monetized for like a couple of months or so and it recently got copyright claim. now it's not monetized because you can barely hear the song "Sorry" by Justin Bieber for like 1 second in the background really quiet. You have to listen hard to hear it. They manually detected it.

Upvote 0

TheMusicSV

Youtube is life. love is life. gfx/vfx is life.
Jun 20, 2014
YouTube
I just heard that if you put less than 8 seconds of copyrighted music you cannot be denounced by youtube. Is that true?
Under the law and youtubes rules so can't you not use 1 seconds or even 0:50 seconds of a copyright song or content. If it is not under fair use act.

But content id haves it hard to find copyright content if it is under 10 or 5 seconds. But youtube will place on tire CID dashboard (or something) that this video is suspect of using tire copyright content from them.

I can also add what content id can. 1. Monetize 2. Block (Everywhere or just in some countries) 3. Strike/take down the video. The last one must you self have access to the content id policy for your content to make content id do take down videos.

Big youtubers haves managed status. So content id does not run on tire channel. They also have permission/license for the songs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.