Advertising

GarryTheDigger

Freedom! Member
Apr 27, 2016
YouTube
So tell me Freedom, what is your opinion on people who advertise their own youtube channels on others' videos? Personally I think they're douche bags.

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
It depends. The ones who just straight up tell people to check out their content suck. But if you offer a constructive comment that relates to the video, and then you mention that you have a related video, that makes sense to me.

GarryTheDigger

Freedom! Member
Apr 27, 2016
YouTube
It depends. The ones who just straight up tell people to check out their content suck. But if you offer a constructive comment that relates to the video, and then you mention that you have a related video, that makes sense to me.

Yeah. That would work. I'm just tired of the straight up advertising from others. Like at least put some effort in growing rather than beg for people to check you out

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Yeah, I don't much like it either. I mean, either way it helps because of the potential view and comment, so I try not to get too upset over it and I'll give them a thanks for stopping by type reply, but it's definitely irritating when you put so much time and effort into a video for them to just say "hey, check me out!"

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
If the comment is solely for the purpose of advertising their channel, I don't agree with that. The comments section is not the right place to be advertising your channel or content.

Reactions: Goped Fred

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I am unfamiliar with this, how do I put a filter like that on my comments?

Go to your 'creator studio' on Youtube.com
-> Community settings
-> Blacklist (here you can type restricted keywords for your comment section)

You can use it to block sub4sub but also for offensive comments when for example your obese,thin,tall,short,ugly ect and don't wanna hear about it :p Comments will be filtered automatically and you can approve of them if they are okay to see anyway!

Reactions: Jdlikefood

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
Go to your 'creator studio' on Youtube.com
-> Community settings
-> Blacklist (here you can type restricted keywords for your comment section)

You can use it to block sub4sub but also for offensive comments when for example your obese,thin,tall,short,ugly ect and don't wanna hear about it :p Comments will be filtered automatically and you can approve of them if they are okay to see anyway!
Awesome, thanks for the info!