YouTube Are new rising Youtube channels more preferred?

IncredFx

New User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2017
I'm just really curious...let's just say we have a 4-year old channel, which over all the years got a really bad consistency with long pauses in between and over that period only 23 videos, but after all still 2500 subscribers. And all of sudden after that 4 years you would start uploading reaaally often...
So my question is, in this situation would it actually be better to start over with a fresh new Channel? Would the new channel actually get suggested more by Youtube and would get a better rank because it is "fresh, rising, trendy"? Or should you just stick with the old channel and try to "revive" it?
I hope I could get across my question good enough, this concern bothers me a long time now.

dineandrhyme

Rising User
Jan 11, 2017
YouTube
That's a really good question...I would say revive it! You already have a following and you don't want to lose it. Make sure to let your followers know that from now on you're gonna be on a schedule and keep that promise and you'll grow! Best of luck!

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I believe this works on a video basis rather than the whole channel, so it shouldn't make a difference. To get your video higher in suggested and search you need high views, audience retention, relevant tags and interactions with the video (shares, likes, comments).

There always could be something to do with the whole channel, but nothing that I have heard of or noticed.

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
I know what you mean, I've had this channel for 2 years but I've only really taken this somewhat seriously for about a year. You shouldn't make a new channel as you'll start from scratch at least with your current channel you have somewhere to start and it's less work (with the logo and channel art etc).

IncredFx

New User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2017
Thank you all for the replies, I think everything you need sometimes is just a new start, I will have to think that one through. Actually I can still have the old channel online and just redirect all the few active subscribers to the new channel. I will see what the future will bring :)