Best Recording Software For Game?

_Razor_13

Rising User
Jul 29, 2015
Indonesia
YouTube
I NEED A NIce game recording software please give me a good recording sofware :D

fraps make my fps drop

OBS Fps Drop too

I NEED A GAME RECORDING SOFTWARE PLSSSS

lightningforce

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 26, 2015
YouTube
lightningforce9
Bandicam is pretty good, you can set your fps to record at what you want. Also can record 2 streams of audio. as well as having an overlay for a webcam ( if you use one )

StrawberryDoll

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2015
USA
YouTube
I use mirillis action, you can record your webcam for facecam with that software too! The only downfall is that it costs, but it's actually not that bad. It's about $30 USD and personally, I like it.

Reactions: CyberPhython

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
If your fps is dropping it's not the softwares fault .

It's one of a few things...
Either you need a more powerful video card
Or a more powerful cpu
Or more ram
Or a separate hard drive to record on...

Usually one of these things would cause fps drop... not really the software...

Only thing you could try is playing the games in lower resolution like 720p instead of 1080, and lowering the graphic options...

Though... some software is slightly less demanding, you may have luck with one of them... there are some that rely more on cpu power and some that rely moreso on GPU power... so you might get lucky trying different software...

Have you tried MSI Afterburner? It's free... or shadowplay or AMDs equivalent?

karlsanada13

Respected User
Fraps records using lossless codec so they can get pretty big fast and consume your hdd fast, which makes the fps drop. Unless you have 2TB free, I won't recommend fraps.

Bandicam is a very nice software. I have been using them for 3 years now and they work wonders, aespecially how great their support is.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
If your fps is dropping it's not the softwares fault .

Not entirely true. Dxtory as an example drops my minecraft's fps down below 15 - 20fps at times. Yet without it running, I get above 60fps. Fraps, only drops it down to about 40fps.

GamerGuy2015

Rising User
Oct 15, 2015
Gastonia, NC
YouTube
princelightftw
I personally use OBS, and to me, it doesn't really drop FPS too bad, unless I'm livestreaming then it can get reaaaaaaaaaaaally bad with the dropped frames, and not knowing how to fix that, yeah it becomes an issue. I would HIGHLY recommend Bandicam, cuz I used it when I had a different computer and wow, it's just amazing! And I tried it out with their update (using your webcam now as an overlay) and it makes everything so much simpler.

KoolyRabbit

Rising User
Aug 8, 2015
YouTube
Dude, use DxTory. That program doesn't drop FPS at all (on my system). My system isn't impressive either so yeah... Use DxTory. You have to pay for it though. I don't remember the price. If you're gonna get it, get the Matrox codec as well or use the codec that is in DxTory (beware of huge file size if you use other codecs and the DxTory codec).

If not DxTory, use OBS. Its free!! However, if you're recording 1080p videos, it makes your game lag (my experiences). 720p is fine for OBS!! Small file sizes too.[DOUBLEPOST=1445000094][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not entirely true. Dxtory as an example drops my minecraft's fps down below 15 - 20fps at times. Yet without it running, I get above 60fps. Fraps, only drops it down to about 40fps.
Most likely you are using the wrong codec.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Most likely you are using the wrong codec.

Wrong, I have tried using every codec I can think of. Dxtory simply drops FPS drastically for minecraft. It was a problem when I was using windows 7, 8, and it's still a problem in 10. So it's not my system, it's Dxtory.

Fraps works perfectly fine, and doesn't drop the FPS like that. I think it has more to do with the way Dxtory attaches itself to the game, probably doesn't play nice with minecraft. It's the same reason you can't record games using ENB with dxtory, because ENB attaches itself to the game the same way dxtory does.

However, in every other game I prefer Dxtory, because it usually does get better FPS. It's just minecraft that it fails at.

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
I NEED A NIce game recording software please give me a good recording sofware :D

fraps make my fps drop

OBS Fps Drop too

I NEED A GAME RECORDING SOFTWARE PLSSSS
Action Is A HD Game Recording Software
Bandicam Is A HD Screen Recording Software For Low End Computers
You Might Be Able To Fix FRAPS By Setting the FPS To 120
Hope This Helps And Good Luck
P.S I Use Action Its Really Good 1080P And Little To No Lag (https://www.mirillis.com/)

KoolyRabbit

Rising User
Aug 8, 2015
YouTube
Wrong, I have tried using every codec I can think of. Dxtory simply drops FPS drastically for minecraft. It was a problem when I was using windows 7, 8, and it's still a problem in 10. So it's not my system, it's Dxtory.

Fraps works perfectly fine, and doesn't drop the FPS like that. I think it has more to do with the way Dxtory attaches itself to the game, probably doesn't play nice with minecraft. It's the same reason you can't record games using ENB with dxtory, because ENB attaches itself to the game the same way dxtory does.

However, in every other game I prefer Dxtory, because it usually does get better FPS. It's just minecraft that it fails at.
I don't know then... Cuz my system is trash and I don't lose frames at all... Maybe you need to lower your video settings in the game bit? Certain things in game can hurt framerate. If you still think DxTory is making you use frames, use Shadowplay or OBS.
For me, I use DxTory... The codec I use is the Matrox codec. It or the x264 codec.

SiliciaGaming

Anime Let's Player
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
SiliciaGaming
I always use Bandicam since it's good for low ends computers and has a decent file size output.
FRAPs is a bit heavy.
Action is Good but sometimes it lowers frame rate

But my best suggestion to use is not to record in full screen, record around 1280x720 in window and change the ingame settings to medium settings.

That will record a 720p video quality and the framerate will increase. I use this but sometimes it's not reliable...

Hope that helps

MCJesterFarian

JesterFarian
Freedom! Member
I use Fraps mainly because i have a fairly beast of a pc.. and a lot of HDD space.. i only recommend fraps if you have a good pc but fraps has the best quality out of any recording software i have personally tried. These include: OBS, Camtasia, Bandicam (this is sooo bad) and Dxtory. Dxtory wasnt too bad, camtasia was poor quality i think and OBS is really good if you have the right settings! hope this helps anyone :) if you dont have a really good computer i recommend Dxtory, or if you want something free, OBS is a perfect solution.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I don't know then... Cuz my system is trash and I don't lose frames at all... Maybe you need to lower your video settings in the game bit? Certain things in game can hurt framerate. If you still think DxTory is making you use frames, use Shadowplay or OBS.
For me, I use DxTory... The codec I use is the Matrox codec. It or the x264 codec.

Settings in Minecraft hardly make any difference on my system. The one that has the largest effect is always view distance and I typically keep that at 8 - 12. On top of that I also use optifine. Also, as I said, without running Dxtory with minecraft .. I get well above 60fps .. so having to lower the settings makes no sense. Especially since it works fine with fraps.

I will try the codec you use to see if it makes any difference, because I would love to get dxtory working well with minecraft.

Mike Venezia

Freedom! Talent Agent
Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2014
Syracuse, NY
YouTube
I use XSplit, got it from Freedom and I love it! Automatic integrated facecam if you use it. I also have Bandicam as a backup. You can try XSplit free, check your dashboard for the promo keys!

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I use Fraps mainly because i have a fairly beast of a pc.. and a lot of HDD space.. i only recommend fraps if you have a good pc but fraps has the best quality out of any recording software i have personally tried. These include: OBS, Camtasia, Bandicam (this is sooo bad) and Dxtory. Dxtory wasnt too bad, camtasia was poor quality i think and OBS is really good if you have the right settings! hope this helps anyone :) if you dont have a really good computer i recommend Dxtory, or if you want something free, OBS is a perfect solution.

I don't understand how you can say fraps has the best quality when comparing to Dxtory which you can alter the quality to whatever you want and use whatever codec you want. In fact, I would say when using Lagarith Lossless Codec, the quality is pretty much on par. In most cases Dxtory will also perform better than Fraps.

I mean .. if you are going to inform people, please try to at least use correct information.

@KoolyRabbit
So .. I tried to use the same Codec and couldn't get it to work. Then I tried the x264 codec, and still got that huge drop in fps. I don't know, Dxtory just doesn't seem to like my minecraft lol XD. It works fine for everything else.