Best Recording Software

TheAnimeKid

Dec 10, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys i'm curious as to what you guys use to record and what you think is the best for recording? Currently I use OBS and ShadowPlay, but OBS has been giving me poor results on certain games. I'm not sure why, but it drops a ton of frames as opposed to ShadowPlay which never drops any frames. I tested out Dxtory and Fraps and both seemed pretty good, but I wanna be 100% sure before i spend $40 on one.

TheAnimeKid

Dec 10, 2015
YouTube
I would use OBS Mulitiplatfrom its what I use and you can find tutorials on youtube of settings, It works perfect for me!
Is there a difference between OBS multi platform and OBS? I use OBS atm with settings I got off a Ziovo vid for best settings and it still records poorly.

Acervate

Freedom! Member
Dec 23, 2015
YouTube
I use Bandicam, it's a good software and it's easy for anyone to use. It's not that expensive just 40$

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
DXTory and FRAPS have the best loss less capture, but nVidia shadowplay has the smallest file size with the smallest performance hit.

Cole Johnson

New User
Dec 2, 2015
I've only really used Fraps but it works perfect for me! The only problem I have with it is that the files are very very large. I have also tried Dxtory but it was very laggy.

Todger182

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 13, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
The only thing I don't like about shadowplay that you can do in OBS MP is adjusting the volumes so you are louder than the game. Easy I suppose if you are recording yourself on a separate audio track.