BEST VLOG RENDER SETTINGS

Ghostllie

Respected User
Nov 29, 2015
YouTube
i have a canon g7x mark ii and im trying to figure out the best render settings i can possibly to make sure all my clips come out super hd and clear and all that. im using sony vegas pro 13

Taylor Hoffman

Rising User
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I use a Macintosh as well and the only settings to render with are quite small and not really overly detailed like Adobe Premiere or After Effects, or even Sony Vegas. Imovie is very simplistic, but if you ever need some help with that general area I would suggest tutorials and such on the internet would provide a better complete picture for you.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
I'm not familiar with Sony Vegas since I use Final Cut Pro X because I have a Mac. I would reccomend exporting in one of youtubers stream able formats. Maybe try H264 or something like that then sending it to handbrake for further compression.

iJim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
iJimUK
I use Vegas 13 and get a pretty fast render in 720p
Most of my videos are shot in 720p but, if you want to render in 1080p or even 720p once you have your video ready to render well you know, click file render then, I select "Sony AVC/MVC (*.mp4:. M2ts, AVC) and click the arrow over on the left
From there I select either Internet 1920x1080 30p or 1280x720 30p depending on what I want my video to render out at
Next I click Customize Template (All the cool stuff is in here)
In here All I change is my Frame rate from 30 fps to 50 fps
Down the bottom is a drop down box labelled "Encode Mode"
Click it and if you can select "Render Using GPU If Available"
Click ok and then Render.
You will get a much faster render and a good quality HD video at the end of it

This works ok for the vlogs that I make.
Hope it helps a bit

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
I would then reccomend putting it through handbrake or your compression software for a fast and efficient upload to YouTube. There are certain settings in handbrake you can choose so you won't get a loss in quality however I don't use handbrake anymore, feel free to google it because there are heaps of videos out there and handbrake will help you in the long run.

UncleGravy

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2016
Wales
YouTube
Uncle_Gravy
Note with main concept using gpu (CUDA or OpenCL)

The last supporting GPUs for that renderer is GTX500 series and AMD HD6000 series, since main concept stopped support after those GPUs.

Still works fine if you don't have a supporting GPU, just means it won't render as fast, I use it with my six core Xeon and HD6850 and renders with 1080p 60fps 50mpbs are lightning quick