BIG Investment...

Arrik Kitsune

Freedom! Member
It's like 4:47 am over here and I got the sudden thought... How much of an investment would making T-shirts to promote my channel cost me... I need opinions on whether or not, because I am a small channel, I should do this... I was thinking of getting 20 to 30 T-shirts... I know where 7 of them would go for now. I was thinking of handing them out at Conventions near the big city close by. I realize this may cost me possibly $400 or more including the Convention ticket. I do not know... the other 10 of them would go to my friend in Wisconsin, Valdar, and he said he already knows who he would give them out to to help promote my channel.

I don't know... am I stupid for wanting to promote my channel, because it is small, in this way? Does it sound selfish to just hand T-shirts out at Con's because I have a small channel? Or is it a good idea BECAUSE my channel is still growing? Perhaps it's a good idea just because I am trying to get my channel out there in other states than my own? Please tell me! I don't know!

Thanks everyone who posts.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hmm i have mixed toughts about it. Because your a smaller channel it may be strange to hand out T-Shirts but on the other hand if the design looks great it could work out positive. If you want to try it out why don't make an example show it off in a video and ask your vieuwers what they think. If there is enough interest you could give some away to your subscribers during a special?

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Like @TwilightPrinze said you might be too small for this, but depending on design it could work.

As for how much it would cost, well 1 T-shirt would probably cost you 15-25 $ depending on where you would get them from. so 20 T-shirts would allready be 400$

Arrik Kitsune

Freedom! Member
If there is enough interest you could give some away to your subscribers during a special?
Great idea about the video but the problem is that I have 29 subscribers and only maybe 3 or 4 of them might respond to any given video... I do not get many responses to my videos as I think most of the 29 subs are Sub for Sub people and Sub for Sub LOOKS nice in concept but when you have 29 subs like me and 90% of them are dead in the water it kind of looks bad on me...

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Great idea about the video but the problem is that I have 29 subscribers and only maybe 3 or 4 of them might respond to any given video... I do not get many responses to my videos as I think most of the 29 subs are Sub for Sub people and Sub for Sub LOOKS nice in concept but when you have 29 subs like me and 90% of them are dead in the water it kind of looks bad on me...
Ouch! With that said i would wait till you have grown a bit if your subs came from S4S wich are as you said dead weight.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Kind of wish I had as many Youtube Subscribers as I do Followers on Twitter... that would be nice... even if it is only 109 it's more than 29.
Give it some time and keep interacting with people, not every follower might subscribe but they will most likely still check your videos out if you had prior interactions with them on twitter :)

Arrik Kitsune

Freedom! Member
Give it some time and keep interacting with people, not every follower might subscribe but they will most likely still check your videos out if you had prior interactions with them on twitter :)
I am looking at this game that is suppose to open it's Alpha 1 up soon called Solar Crusaders and the game looks nice... I've been keeping in touch with one of the lead developers and I hope this game, with it's following, might sub to watch my progress... others have suggested Streaming on Twitch too...

Also what do you guys think my Shirt Logo should be? I don't think my HyperLink Address would be appropriate... I don't have much of an idea for Logo's yet like Mark's Warfstache or Jack's Septic eye... Pewds has the brofist... I don't know what I can do to be honest...

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Kind of wish I had as many Youtube Subscribers as I do Followers on Twitter... that would be nice... even if it is only 109 it's more than 29.
I know that feeling haha.
I have 125 Subs (Not a single S4S), 14 Followers on Twitter, 105 on Instagram and 379 on my FB Page. I have earned all my subs and followers trough dedication. Uploading daily, interacting, getting my name out there. Now i must say this all is progress from 1 year. It isn't much but i enjoy what i'm doing :)

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I know that feeling haha.
I have 125 Subs (Not a single S4S), 14 Followers on Twitter, 105 on Instagram and 379 on my FB Page. I have earned all my subs and followers trough dedication. Uploading daily, interacting, getting my name out there. Now i must say this all is progress from 1 year. It isn't much but i enjoy what i'm doing :)
I've got that feeling too, tho other way around >_< I love interacting with people on twitter so much.... but my inactive youtube channel has more subs than I do followers xD

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I've got that feeling too, tho other way around >_< I love interacting with people on twitter so much.... but my inactive youtube channel has more subs than I do followers xD
I recieve alot of vieuws and since a couple days reactions on youtube.
Twitter is coming up slowly as i get more followers and interact with those i follow wich is alway fun.
As for Instagram it grows most as i recieve alot and gain followers rather quick :p
Now that stream on Youtube Gaming instead of twitch it gives my YT channel a nice boost :D

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I recieve alot of vieuws and since a couple days reactions on youtube.
Twitter is coming up slowly as i get more followers and interact with those i follow wich is alway fun.
As for Instagram it grows most as i recieve alot and gain followers rather quick :p
Now that stream on Youtube Gaming instead of twitch it gives my YT channel a nice boost :D
Wish I could stream, though im limited by my hardware :(

Anyways I think we're getting off topic xD

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I think it is best to leave large investments that are directly related to your channel until you know that your channel is big enough to make a return on the full investment some day.

Arrik Kitsune

Freedom! Member
Nerd, Twilight... I would appreciate any ideas you might have for a T-shirt Logo at least for my channel for when I am ready for such an investment.

Nolan this would be more of a small time experiment with a large investment put into it. See if the T-shirts help my channel or not. I realize I am not Markiplier, Jacksepticeye or Pewdiepie... Hell I'm not Yamimash or PartiallyRoyal either but I am TRYING to get my channel out there however I can since Youtube's search system always put the more popular youtubers forward instead of smaller, and equally dedicated, youtubers like myself.

I find that frustrating... I merely want to make people happy... I have reached my 1,000 views goal... it's something I am extremely proud of... I have 29 subscribers and 1000 views... not 1000 a day but over the year my channel has been around it has gained 1000 views and it makes me happy to know people enjoy my videos that much.[DOUBLEPOST=1445302890][/DOUBLEPOST]
250GB 7200RPM Seagate 2007 (Ol' Reliable)..

Seeing this on your signature Nolan... it makes me happy to know that I have a brand I can trust... both my internal and external Drives are 1 TB Seagates... External is an SSD and internal is a Hybrid Drive... This helps me know it's a long lasting brand that is Reliable and lasts a long time.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Seeing this on your signature Nolan... it makes me happy to know that I have a brand I can trust... both my internal and external Drives are 1 TB Seagates... External is an SSD and internal is a Hybrid Drive... This helps me know it's a long lasting brand that is Reliable and lasts a long time.
Earlier, I had someone go off about the lack of reliability for such a brand, but my experience prove the not.
My drives are mixed in my system, but my external is as well a 1TB Seagate drive and it has done me quite well.