Bought a Nintendo Switch last weekend

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
I've been trying to get my hands on a Nintendo Switch so badly for months since launch (should've snagged myself a preorder but shoot...) with the painful factor that they were sold out everywhere for months on end. I finally got one the night before Thanksgiving, along with a copy of Super Mario Odyssey and Stardew Valley.

As much as I was very slightly doubtful about my purchase and the console's potential in the past, I am...frankly not disappointed one bit. It feels like one of Nintendo's best consoles in recent years (or even in the past decade) and I love the portability so much. It's the best feature of the Switch.

Not only that, the console is getting so many games, it's like a damn flood and makes a games drought a non-issue. The console has been really helped by the likes of Doom and Skyrim but also a strong and colossal library of great and wonderful indie games, besides the expected killer apps of Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.

One of the best things about the Switch, to be able to undock it and take it on the go, whether to another room or even outside for a walk or when running errands. The battery life is surprisingly long, even with full brightness. The uninterruptible power supply and being able to automatically switch to TV in a split-second is also really nice. The whole process of docking feels just so seamless. As much as I loved the Wii U and was saddened by its slow and painful demise, this finally feels like what Nintendo has been trying to do, now that they both have the tech and proper vision.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I've been trying to get my hands on a Nintendo Switch so badly for months since launch (should've snagged myself a preorder but shoot...) with the painful factor that they were sold out everywhere for months on end. I finally got one the night before Thanksgiving, along with a copy of Super Mario Odyssey and Stardew Valley.

As much as I was very slightly doubtful about my purchase and the console's potential in the past, I am...frankly not disappointed one bit. It feels like one of Nintendo's best consoles in recent years (or even in the past decade) and I love the portability so much. It's the best feature of the Switch.

Not only that, the console is getting so many games, it's like a damn flood and makes a games drought a non-issue. The console has been really helped by the likes of Doom and Skyrim but also a strong and colossal library of great and wonderful indie games, besides the expected killer apps of Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.

One of the best things about the Switch, to be able to undock it and take it on the go, whether to another room or even outside for a walk or when running errands. The battery life is surprisingly long, even with full brightness. The uninterruptible power supply and being able to automatically switch to TV in a split-second is also really nice. The whole process of docking feels just so seamless. As much as I loved the Wii U and was saddened by its slow and painful demise, this finally feels like what Nintendo has been trying to do, now that they both have the tech and proper vision.
Awesome! Mario and Zelda would be 2 good reasons to get one. Would love to play them but as a Hardcore Ps4 Gamer i find it difficult to set a second console next to it only to gather dust :(

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Awesome! Mario and Zelda would be 2 good reasons to get one. Would love to play them but as a Hardcore Ps4 Gamer i find it difficult to set a second console next to it only to gather dust :(
Sounds a little like elitism to me but whatever :)...really you should, at least try the Switch, like if a friend owns it or if you can get one cheap preused. Super Mario Odyssey is the most fun I've had in years, and it's the first game in a long time that you know...just makes me feel so full of joy.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
I bought an Nintendo Switch on Thursday since Game was doing the Black Friday event early, got Super Mario Odyssey with it. Both Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are shortlisted for Game of the Year, so they are going to be extremely popular and successful.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Sounds a little like elitism to me but whatever :)...really you should, at least try the Switch, like if a friend owns it or if you can get one cheap preused. Super Mario Odyssey is the most fun I've had in years, and it's the first game in a long time that you know...just makes me feel so full of joy.
I know :p
Used to play those games a lot but for now buying a new console is a bit expensive and with Monster Hunter World coming to PS4 i have my hands full at the moment :p