YouTube Can you play commercial or mixed up tracks without monetising ?

SHAKE Music

New User
Jan 21, 2017
I want to play music on my station but I do t want to get in trouble. I don't want to monetise though .. so can I still play it somehow ? Even if it is mashups or trance music etc ?

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
When it comes to mashups.
Sometimes these can be flagged for Content ID sometimes not.

When it comes to commercial songs (stay away from them) instant content ID match.

Use non copyright music from NCS ( nearly at 10 million subscribers) they have some really good songs free to use as long as you credit the artiest and you won`t get into any trouble with there music.

Astinax

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2014
YouTube
astinax98
if the content gets Content ID then it will just follow what the owner of the track set for this track. So for example, you play a song belonging to Warner Music and Warner Music set to put ads in front of every video using their track then your video would have ads playing in front of it with the money going to Warner Music. Sometimes they may choose to block it in certain countries, or block it from mobile devices, etc :)

Reactions: AFKPlays

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
if the content gets Content ID then it will just follow what the owner of the track set for this track. So for example, you play a song belonging to Warner Music and Warner Music set to put ads in front of every video using their track then your video would have ads playing in front of it with the money going to Warner Music. Sometimes they may choose to block it in certain countries, or block it from mobile devices, etc :)
Isn't there a few seconds gap or something? What if you change the pitch by the way?