Not open for further replies.

Mr4Eva

Kangaroo Rider
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2014
Australia
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hi, I read on youtube that after you've made your custom URL which was several years ago and made my custom url, www.youtube.com/xx4evaal0nexx

which at the time was fun name for my channel. But now that my channel has expanded im now rebranded as mr4eva so i have the other url of www.youtube.com/c/mr4eva which changes to xx4evaal0nexx.

I did some research and apparently there's no way to change your custom url after making it.

Are you kidding me?

Dear freedom, is there anyway you can intervene and have my url changed from www.youtube.com/xx4evaal0nexx
to www.youtube.com/mr4eva because i feel this is affecting my branding and therefore my views.

Mr4Eva

Kangaroo Rider
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2014
Australia
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hi MR4EVA I clicked on the link www.youtube.com/mr4eva and the address bar still stays as this when on the page so I believe whatever your problem was it no longer exists :)
Nope.

Hey

You have chosen the new c/ URL so you cant change it now but I dont see what the problem is as its got your brand name Mr4Eva in the link now https://www.youtube.com/c/mr4eva ?

Danny
No this is definitely a problem,

if you type www.youtube.com/mr4eva it changes to xx4evaal0nexx which is a pretty ****** url and instantly makes viewers lose interest.

When people look to find my channel they're search for mr4eva not xx4evaal0nexx which is a complex awkward url to remember as well.

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
There is a way. If your account is connected trough google Plus then make a Branch page. If you have a website and such them set it up and verify it. Fill the page like you would fill a FB page or like your personall G+ account. If done correct you recieve a checkmark behind your email and connected website.
When you go to your youtube account you can then switch your youtube channel over to the branche page and a pop-up will appear you can claim a custom url. I did this a couple days ago.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.