Request Channel Review Please!

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
Hello Freedom!

I've been uploading videos for 3 years now with over 300 videos and I'm still stuck under 1K Subs and I would like some feedback on my channel.
I recently started to change my channel from Gaming to Food Reviews. The Food Reviews are doing so much better than my Gaming ones, which is awesome.

I understand my channel art, banner, and thumbnails have become less of an attraction ever since I stopped using Photoshop. I'm also trying hard to invest in a new camera (the Canon Vixia Mini X).

And lastly, video tags, those are just so hard to use. Video tags do almost nothing to me, even if I keywords that are relevant to the video.

If you could give me some tips on keywords, or if you can post some keywords regarding my Nugget Taste Test video, I could experiment with them.

Thank you for your time!

Film Tech

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 24, 2016
filmtechproductions.tk
YouTube
Ok First off. Your sound quality for your food reviews needs improving. I would recommend the Rode VideoMic Go as it is a cheap good quality mic. However your gaming videos audio is great very clean. You should check out Pixlr.com it could be useful for making thumbnails. It has a very easy to understand layout and it's free. Other than that I don't really know what other things to suggest as I have been going for 2 years and am still around 100 subs :p But good content. Just need to fix that audio.

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
Ok First off. Your sound quality for your food reviews needs improving. I would recommend the Rode VideoMic Go as it is a cheap good quality mic. However your gaming videos audio is great very clean. You should check out Pixlr.com it could be useful for making thumbnails. It has a very easy to understand layout and it's free. Other than that I don't really know what other things to suggest as I have been going for 2 years and am still around 100 subs :p But good content. Just need to fix that audio.

Thanks Film Tech, I appreciate it!
I'm saving up for a new camera, which should come with the better audio plus better quality. There's only one issue with thumbnails for me, it's that I want to cut out my face and add it with a separate background. Yes, I still don't know how to do that..

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
You have a good intro! :p

But what Film Tech said, your mic quality isn't the best you can have. Also, you might want to get another profile picture related to food, as that is the main focus of your channel. Do you have social media? You can add those to your channel header, that would help you out a ton too! You might as well look at those points that this site by freedom shows for you:

http://www.spam.tm/youtube/channel/UC1PWU5TljQB_uIE3Z0XqHSw

I hope I helped a bit :D