Solved Copyright Claim help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuway000

Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2015
YouTube
I uploaded a normal gameplay of Yakuza 4 like I usually do, but then I received a copyright claim on the visuals of it. I would understand if it were one of my first few gameplays, but this was my 11th video on it. I tried to appeal the claim a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything from YouTube or Sega.

Should I keep waiting, and I was wondering if there is a way freedom could help me fight this claim.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
If you have submitted a dispute then there is nothing you or anyone else can do but wait. It will either be removed or SEGA will reject your claim at which point there is nothing you can do.

Normally if it takes a couple of weeks then they are just leaving it and after 30 days it will be removed, so patiently waiting is all you can do for now :)

Reactions: Charles Meekins
Upvote 0

TheKevit07

Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2015
YouTube
I uploaded a normal gameplay of Yakuza 4 like I usually do, but then I received a copyright claim on the visuals of it. I would understand if it were one of my first few gameplays, but this was my 11th video on it. I tried to appeal the claim a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything from YouTube or Sega.

Should I keep waiting, and I was wondering if there is a way freedom could help me fight this claim.

A few devs are notorious for that, and Sega are real jerks with it....I have like 3 Phantasy Star 4 videos they claimed years ago, but the rest of the playthrough never received any claims after that. Dispute and wait if you're daring, or like I did with MGS: Phantom Pain, just pull all the videos and do something else instead...since most likely they won't let you monetize.

Upvote 0

Kuway000

Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2015
YouTube
Thank you all for the advice, and yeah I decided to not support SEGA by uploading their videos anymore. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. Thanks again for all the help!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.