Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazzen

Rising User
Oct 27, 2015
Oregon
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hey guys, I never really encountered a problem like this before but how do I fixed a copyright problem?

I was looking at the Copyright Notices list and two of my videos have popped up! Saying "Includes Copyright Content"
Its a music copyright by the way
Both videos have the same copyright problem but how do I let the owners of the song know that I do not own any of their music? I still want the music to be played in my video, I just don't want it to be removed or muted..
I apologized if I made anyone irritated asking this noobie question but I honestly really don't know how to fix this :/
If anyone knows the answer to this problem, please comment on this thread and help me! It would mean the a lot! Thanks guys!

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Hey guys, I never really encountered a problem like this before but how do I fixed a copyright problem?

I was looking at the Copyright Notices list and two of my videos have popped up! Saying "Includes Copyright Content"
Both videos have the same copyright problem but how do I let the owners of the song know that I do not own any of their music? I still want the music to be played in my video, I just don't want it to be removed or muted..
I apologized if I made anyone irritated asking this noobie question but I honestly really don't know how to fix this :/
If anyone knows the answer to this problem, please comment on this thread and help me! It would mean the a lot! Thanks guys!
If it's a third party match, then you can still use it just without monetizing. If you want to monetize, then you need to get written permission from the artist.

Reactions: Blazzen
Upvote 0

TheKevit07

Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2015
YouTube

Usually when I get a music copyright notice, I can go into Youtube's video editor and take out the music..although it makes my mic audio terrible, so I usually keep ALL my footage until I upload it and make it public (it's good practice to have your default upload settings set your videos to private by default, so you can add the title, description, monetizing, tags, and all that before people see it). That way, if you get slapped with copyright shortly after you uploaded, you can just go into your editing program, pull that episode up, and mute that part of the game (I also do facecam and record that audio separately, just for the reason if the video will get slapped by copyright, I can mute the gameplay audio while people still hear my commentary).

But like Phil said, the only other option is to get written permission from the musician, or their label if possible. It's just easier to pull the video, edit out the music, and then reupload, though....since record label companies and musicians hardly EVER give written permission (unless they're freelance composers).

Best advice for the future is to find composers on here, since most are willing to give permission as long as you give them credit in the description (and sometimes links to their socials).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.