Solved Copyright Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axeplosive

Rising User
Dec 14, 2014
YouTube
Hello, I have been hit with a copyright strike on one of my monetized videos for the use of a copywritten song in the video. The song I used is called "Polka Dot" by the Eclecto-Hijinx Orchestra. I found this soundtrack off of Position Music since Freedom! has a partnership with them, the song even says that it is part of the Freedom! collection. In summary, I used a song from Position Music that was covered by Freedom!'s partnership yet I have been hit with this strike. I plan on disputing it, but I am not sure as to which cattegory it belongs to:

Here are the options for dispute:
Black Ops 2 - Funny Fails Montage - 1080p HD - 60 fps
I believe this copyright claim is not valid because:
1) I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.

2) I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.

3) I gave credit in the video.

4) The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.

5) I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

6) My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

7) The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.

If anyone here can help, I would greatly appreciate any insight as to resolve the situation. Thank you for your time.

Axeplosive

Rising User
Dec 14, 2014
YouTube
You're 100% sure your account is still partnered? Check the www.youtube.com/features page. If you don't see "Network - Freedom!" or something similar then you are not partnered and therefore don't have access to Position music.

Yes, I'm still partnered even though I have not heard back about getting the "Freedom! Partner"badge on my account, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with this though, or at least I hope not[DOUBLEPOST=1447909745][/DOUBLEPOST]
Almost anyone who uses it for the first time gets this problem due to that they need to verify your with Freedom. After that the claim mostly dissapears with 15 min.

I have been using music from Position Music for months and this is the 1st time it has given me any trouble though. IDK, maybe it is a lapse in coding or something.

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Yes, I'm still partnered even though I have not heard back about getting the "Freedom! Partner"badge on my account, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with this though, or at least I hope not[DOUBLEPOST=1447909745][/DOUBLEPOST]

I have been using music from Position Music for months and this is the 1st time it has given me any trouble though. IDK, maybe it is a lapse in coding or something.
The Freedom badge is pure for the forums. As for the claim it is indeed kinda strange that you got a claim this time, but i'm sure their support can figure this out ;)

Upvote 0

Believe

Renowned User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
its just 3rd party claim just send msg here
adrev.net/contact-us
just tell them u r partner of freedom they will release the claim and btw copyright strike is different! its just 3rd party claim

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.