CPU vs GPU

Gamie

Rising User
Sep 20, 2017
YouTube
u can upgrade ur GPU first like from gt 730 to gt 750ti or even to gtx 1050ti, but do some research before upgrading ur GPU as u don't want to invest on a GPU which will bottleneck.If it were me, I would have upgraded my gpu.but budget also matters here.

Reactions: CyberPhython

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I personally would be saving up to upgrade a whole system. It really depends on what budget you have. if you only upgrade gpu it will be heavily limited by slow cpu (even if games these days are mostly heavily based on gpu). On the other hand if you upgrade cpu but not gpu it would be quite difficult to run new games. Other questions would really be how much ram you have and what psu you've got, powerful gpu's eat up power quite a bit so you do want to have good enough psu to even turn the pc on. As for ram well its just quality of life kind of a component for me. Gaming might be a bit difficult if you're really short on ram, though its not at the top of the list for upgrades.

Long story short, maybe save up 400-500 eur/usd for the upgrade to get everything together ? Or at least that's my personal opinion.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I agree with Nerd here, upgrading 1 part will be bottle necked by the other, considering you have a first I5 gen CPU I'd recommend a new system really. While the CPU is still decent, it will hinder you alot on new titles (from like 2013+). I'd do lots of research if I was you to find the best hardware for what you want in-particular, save up around 500- 750 and get a decent CPU (Ryzen is probably a better deal for all round performance, especially as you can overclock all the CPU's in the line up assuming you get the right motherboard.) and a good mid range GPU (rx 570/580 or gtx 1060/1070) and atleast 8GB if not 16GB of RAM.

Reactions: Nerd