Solved cyber bullying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOTW Official

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2015
YouTube
Im just wondering if theres anything I can do against a youtube channel that keeps putting copyright strikes on my videos that have 0 copyrighted content in them. They are videos of be sitting at my computer desk talking to a camera about how a community made world of warcraft addon named zygor is against the game developers terms of service and i explained why. There are no links in the description, there are no pictures in the video that havent been 100% created by me, theres no other video footage other than my face. Im not showing or telling anyone how to get the addon for free.

This is the second time they have copyrighted my 100% original video about them. The first time youtube kept the copyright strike on my video and im not sure why, maybe because there was a picture of zygor? The second time i made sure not to have anything other than my face in the video and i made sure everything was 100% origional.

basically this channel is cyber bullying me and trying to censor my channel because they dont like me talking about them. I'm pretty sure its not legal to make false copyright claims to censor someone. Youtube also says that its against their terms to do that.

I can post a copy of the videos so that you can see there is NOTHING wrong or copyrighted in the video. Is there someone in freedom that can talk to a youtube rep if i provide proof? Youtube only allows me to write in two sentences about the problem and denied my first request probably because i couldnt write all the info or maybe because in the first video there was a picture i got from google images.

WOTW Official

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2015
YouTube
If you're doing the bad-mouthing doesn't that make you the Cyber Bully?
Saying that something it against the terms of service and why isnt cyber bullying. I never verbally attacked them in anyway. I said that charging money for something that's supposed to be free is against the terms of service but using the addon will not get any users banned because theres nothing in the addon itself that is against the terms its the fact that the creator agreed to the addon terms that it is free for the community and then turned around and charged money.

Thats like saying someone was using vulgar language on the forum and then reminded that is against the forum rulse is cyber bullying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
There isn't really much that can be done, if they continue and get a lot of disputed strikes then YouTube will soon make it so they are unable to make any more claims. Disputing the claims with proof of no copyrighted content (which it sounds like there isn't any) should be fine.

Have you tried sending an email to YouTube? Go to the following address and click on contact support on the top right: https://support.google.com/youtube#topic=4355266&contact=1

The only way to find out if Freedom! can help would be to email the support team: http://freedom2.support.tm/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.