Do you actively help people on freedom?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Do you actively help people on freedom?

I see a lot of people telling others that freedom doesn't help them out. When it comes to the members, I feel like they can shine extremely bright at times. I try to message people when I have the spare time, but there's a huge amount of members on here lately!

How about you? What do you do to help others succeed easier on freedom? Discouraging sub4sub, giving people tips, or even saying hello adds up!​

geauxburns

Rising User
Apr 3, 2016
USA
YouTube
Since I finally got around to joining the Freedom Forum a week ago; I feel like I'm trying to be more helpful to the community by sharing my thoughts, views, opinions, tips, etc. Wish I could do more, and I think that's something a lot of us desire; to find ways to "Grow Together" which is the Networks motto. Hopefully we're making some positive difference for the community as a whole. :)

Reactions: fattmat

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Since I finally got around to joining the Freedom Forum a week ago; I feel like I'm trying to be more helpful to the community by sharing my thoughts, views, opinions, tips, etc. Wish I could do more, and I think that's something a lot of us desire; to find ways to "Grow Together" which is the Networks motto. Hopefully we're making some positive difference for the community as a whole. :)
Sharing your insight can help people a ton! You never know what bit of information can help save somebody in the future ^^

Reactions: geauxburns

Dark Illusion Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 22, 2015
YouTube
I was trying very actively at the start when i joined but when i started getting sub4sub messages from people i have certainly backed the hell off. I will only really go out of my way after i have spoken to someone in chat or over a few posts before i will invest a significant amount of time on a new member.

Of course i will still welcome a new member into the forums, but if in the first 10 seconds of meeting them they ask me to sub or do something along those lines. They are dead to me.

Reactions: geauxburns

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I was trying very actively at the start when i joined but when i started getting sub4sub messages from people i have certainly backed the hell off. I will only really go out of my way after i have spoken to someone in chat or over a few posts before i will invest a significant amount of time on a new member.

Of course i will still welcome a new member into the forums, but if in the first 10 seconds of meeting them they ask me to sub or do something along those lines. They are dead to me.
I understand that, people often do sub4sub without realizing it at times. People will learn in time!
I don't really 'help out' as such, but just being there for someone can help them a great deal ^ . ^
Of course, it's good to be there for people ^^
I do try help people in the community and I don't understand why people say we not willing to help them but we are, I think people really want to be a ass hoes.
It's strange, sometimes people are focused on the opposite end of helping people.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Nope never... lol... kidding...

I help when I can. Which isnt much...
Every bit helps in the end, because you never know when someone is on the breaking point of giving up. Being the nightlight to their darkness is a huge feat, and I'm sure that you've helped more people than you realize ^^

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I usually try to give tips and suggestions where I can, seems like a lot of people ask for tips without searching first though :(
I understand what you mean, the resources are out in the open, and a lot of people can miss the obvious. It makes me appreciate that those tools are there in the first place ^^

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Sometimes I suppose. I used to be better about it back when I joined but these days I don't really post as much usually partaking more in discussions such as this one.

Dark Illusion Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 22, 2015
YouTube
basically this thread has summed it up, yes we helped people a lot when we all joined but as time has gone on and we realized that 90% of the people do not want to help themselves i.e they dont look before asking, they just want some one to do it for them. So all the good nice people with wealth's of knowledge do not feel inclined to help so quickly.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Sometimes I suppose. I used to be better about it back when I joined but these days I don't really post as much usually partaking more in discussions such as this one.
People tend to contribute to general chat mostly, or the introduction forums.
basically this thread has summed it up, yes we helped people a lot when we all joined but as time has gone on and we realized that 90% of the people do not want to help themselves i.e they dont look before asking, they just want some one to do it for them. So all the good nice people with wealth's of knowledge do not feel inclined to help so quickly.
I've noticed that as well, for the people only interested in themselves. I still enjoy meeting the small 10% though, hopefully I'll stay on the track of not burning out in general ^^

It's kind of worrying how little people can look for answers on here.

Dark Illusion Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 22, 2015
YouTube
It's kind of worrying how little people can look for answers on here.
Its sheer lazyness, people think that one of us will go ***poof** and theres your banner, channel art and logo all for free and as a bonus as you were the 1000000000000000987th person to ask today here is a couple of thousand subs too.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
This basically sums up 90% of the conversations we have lol. For the people that need help and general direction, I absolutely love helping. I also love talking to those in the intro forum. It feels great knowing there's a place for me in Freedom! It's hard wroth everyone trying to self promote and all of the negativity, but yeah, I see myself as helpful

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Its sheer lazyness, people think that one of us will go ***poof** and theres your banner, channel art and logo all for free and as a bonus as you were the 1000000000000000987th person to ask today here is a couple of thousand subs too.
I'm okay with supplying artwork, but subs definitely need to be earned with hard work.
This basically sums up 90% of the conversations we have lol. For the people that need help and general direction, I absolutely love helping. I also love talking to those in the intro forum. It feels great knowing there's a place for me in Freedom! It's hard wroth everyone trying to self promote and all of the negativity, but yeah, I see myself as helpful
If we can change the 90% into the 10%, we'll be golden!

Reactions: Goped Fred