Does YouTube also take a %

GoddessGigiG

Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
Brooklyn NY
YouTube
GoddessGigiGee
Good evening everyone, I'm hoping that my Freedom invite finally arrives tomorrow. In the meantime I'm curious as I've seen wildly varying info. Since I'm only going to be partnered with Freedom and NOT using Adsense, does YouTube also take a cut of my revenue or is it just the 60/40 split with Freedom MCN? Thanks

GoddessGigiG

Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
Brooklyn NY
YouTube
GoddessGigiGee
Thank you TyKay, so after all is said and done you get around 33% I guess since if memory serves, Adsense gives creators 55% then Freedom takes 40% of that....... I assumed :) bad idea I know, that since not using Adsense that Freedom placed the ads and just a split between Freedom and us Creators. Well once I get my invite I'm going to try it for 3-4 months, see how it goes. If I get the value of the music library etc no harm no foul and if not I can always delink with 30 days notice. Thanks again. Hoping it's as good as they say

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
So many haters on YouTube spreading misinformation. Not her one now..... Oh the MCN is going to take 20-50% of your Adsense ummmm I don't have Adsense I have monetization thru Freedom....

you don't even need adsense anymore when you're in freedom. so you don;t need to worry about that. it's just what I told you

Reactions: GoddessGigiG

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
From what I'm seeing Adsense gives 55% and Freedom gives 60% unless I'm missing something here just going to Freedom nets me 5% more AND no $100 minimum for payment

so? that's a good thing here at freedom. be happy with that. you must not overlook everything about that. the fact is that freedom much better is with payment and that's it.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
Yes , I'm making more than if I used Adsense. Tho not sure if I've actually made anything yet :) trying to hold off looking for at least a few days so I don't go OH BOY 4 cents!!!!

hahaha I see. but the money wil come be earned if you get enough views. and how can that be? lets just say normally you get 1 dollor each 1000 views. but like I said. nothing to worry about it. just keep going with your channel and it wil come alright. for so long you did gived your paypal email to freedom.

GoddessGigiG

Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
Brooklyn NY
YouTube
GoddessGigiGee
Was in Chat and Adsense came up..... Can you have Adsense enabled on your channel that's partnered with Freedom too or is it a 1 or the other thing as I expect it to be? It seems to good to be true to get $$ from Adsense AND Freedom but I'm new to MCN's so could be wrong. Thanks folks.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
As the others have said Youtube always takes their cut first even before showing what you make on the analytics. After that is taken then Freedom take their share which is 5% to 40%(default) depending on your views per month.

Was in Chat and Adsense came up..... Can you have Adsense enabled on your channel that's partnered with Freedom too or is it a 1 or the other thing as I expect it to be? It seems to good to be true to get $$ from Adsense AND Freedom but I'm new to MCN's so could be wrong. Thanks folks.
No you can't earn Youtube earnings from both the network and the default google adsense. You could use adsense for advertising other things like blogs or other websites though.

Reactions: GoddessGigiG

GoddessGigiG

Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
Brooklyn NY
YouTube
GoddessGigiGee
As the others have said Youtube always takes their cut first even before showing what you make on the analytics. After that is taken then Freedom take their share which is 5% to 40%(default) depending on your views per month.

No you can't earn Youtube earnings from both the network and the default google adsense. You could use adsense for advertising other things like blogs or other websites though.

Ok, Thanks for clarifying Koala_Steamed , it seemed odd to be able to double dip but would have been nice :)