gunsage

Freedom! Member
Hello everyone and thank you for checking this out! Up until recently, I'd been doing quickplays/impression vids for different games with different themes (horror in September/October, back to school in August, romance in February, etc.). However, I kept getting requests to do full playthroughs and I really wasn't able to do that with my previous format, so I present to you Excuse My Gut!

So what is it? Well, I've set up a few arbitrary rules for myself...

- If I level up, I have to exercise. If the same character levels up multiple times, I have to exercise even more.
- If I die, I have to do a challenge exercise, i.e. burpees.
- If neither of these happens for 10 minutes of gameplay, I have to exercise.

There have been times that I've only had to exercise 6 times in an hour run and other times where it's been over 10! The idea is to play a game for an hour while obeying these rules and to hopefully get the viewers to follow along as well and comment what they were able to do, any exercises they'd like me to try, etc. The other benefits are you still get to see a full playthrough of the game AND I keep myself motivated throughout the late fall/winter months.

Sounds fun, right? Well, here's the first video. Let me know what you think!

gunsage

Freedom! Member
Not sure if it's appropriate to bump or not (I didn't see anything explicit about it in the rules), so here's episode 5:
I'm actually making pretty steady progress, though I'm getting a bit winded! The reason a lot of these are so tough is I'm doing them about an hour after my actual gym workout, so I'm usually already exhausted by the time I get started. :p

gunsage

Freedom! Member
Already up to episode 10! I'm pumped!
We gained some new party members, navigated an underwater world, and even killed a reaper! And yes, exercised the whole time.[DOUBLEPOST=1479737056][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah, boiiiiii...episode 15!
So we're rapidly approaching getting our final character, but of course, we have to go through one of the most annoying dungeons I've ever encountered. And yes, you guessed it, I'll have to trek through that bad boy again in the next episode.[DOUBLEPOST=1481032908][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's my 20th episode!
As you can see, I updated the intro and I'm running through things a bit faster now. Shouldn't be too long before this is completely done! When I've finished this one, I'm moving onto Breath of Fire 2. I think I'm going to do 30 minute increments for that one because shorter videos are definitely easier to go through than longer ones.

Last edited: