Freedom Promote your Video/ Channel

RatbagGaming2

Respected User
Freedom! Member
i have thought about this alot andi want a honest answer. do people go to freedom forums and watch videos from the promoting videos and channel. or do you just upload your video and leave?

i ask this an yes i am guilty of doing this but when i have free time i try to watch some videos after i post to keep my credit up but i seem to rarely get views direct from the forum according to my youtube analytics?
just curious what people has to say about this.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001

RatbagGaming2

Respected User
Freedom! Member
This is indeed an issue the Forums have been dealing with for a long time, if you have any suggestions as to how to fix it you are invited to check out the following threads:
one thing could be to categorise the promoting videos... i have a gaming channel so making it game specific or game genre specific rather than just a basic promote your channel? eg i wouldnt watch vlogs or beauty channels i just like to watch tech channels and gaming

or make promoting ur video on freedom more difficult to get.... meaning you cant just write a few things on the forum and then bam dump it in..

make the promoting of a video more visible throughout the forum maybe? do it like a ad for example..

maybe reward people watching videos to allow them to post there own video? not sure how to monitor that because people could just watch a video for 5 secs....

having the promote your channel area like a hot topic thing like reddit? the videos clicked on the most appear at the top? so have a hot, new, and rising list..

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
one thing could be to categorise the promoting videos... i have a gaming channel so making it game specific or game genre specific rather than just a basic promote your channel? eg i wouldnt watch vlogs or beauty channels i just like to watch tech channels and gaming
The Media Section has that already:
upload_2017-12-29_12-54-59.png
Also you can filter threads by Prefixes, here's a filter for Gaming threads.

or make promoting ur video on freedom more difficult to get.... meaning you cant just write a few things on the forum and then bam dump it in..
Sounds simple to do, right? If you have a way to make it more difficult go for suggesting one.
maybe reward people watching videos to allow them to post there own video? not sure how to monitor that because people could just watch a video for 5 secs....
Already thought of by Koala in one of those threads:
As for the promotion section we did have something planned with a separate set of currency where you would have to view/replay to a certain amount of videos before you could post your own. Although we have to be careful with YouTubes guidelines of creating forced views. We could even just rename the section video reviews where that would be more about feedback, people are require to review and give feedback to 5 or so videos before posting their own.

having the promote your channel area like a hot topic thing like reddit? the videos clicked on the most appear at the top? so have a hot, new, and rising list..
And there we are again. Sure, you can promote the threads left, right and center and spam them over the forums with ads until someone complains about them. Still you cannot force anyone to watch a video and to give constructive Feedback. People come here to spam their channel alongside a million other Forums just to squeeze out 5 views from every site. We need a way to prevent that while also keeping people at giving Feedback and willingly watching a video. What I've personally started doing is send out some credits to people who leave Feedback and stuff that catches my eye.

You just can't force someone to leave actual Feedback on Posts, especially when there's 187 of them a month.

It's a hard topic and we're happy about anything to help solve it.

Reactions: RatbagGaming2

RatbagGaming2

Respected User
Freedom! Member
haha yea its a very hard topic! tbh i dont think you could ever fully stop it... good to see you are aware and obviously having brain storming sessions.... at the end of the day we all want to just post videos and get views for little work in return.... big gains for little return but it just doesnt happen... ill keep thinking of stuff, they were just off the top of my head

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
i have thought about this alot andi want a honest answer. do people go to freedom forums and watch videos from the promoting videos and channel. or do you just upload your video and leave?

i ask this an yes i am guilty of doing this but when i have free time i try to watch some videos after i post to keep my credit up but i seem to rarely get views direct from the forum according to my youtube analytics?
just curious what people has to say about this.
I watch those of interest but i share your problem in the views mentioned underneath the videe not counting. I have a vid wich scored 2K views here or so to say but on my Youtube it doesn't show those views only the ones i received on youtube for that video itself.

RatbagGaming2

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Yeah, we've thought of that a lot, I made this if you need boring data to look over
wow is that what you do each month! so much spamming! i am guilty of just posting and leaving but when i do try and watch other people videos i see a 15-30 minute un-edited video, mono tone commentary... if any and no thought gone into it... drives me crazy! sometimes i find good people with small channels... youtube videos is just such a flooded thing now because its so easy to do[DOUBLEPOST=1514551500][/DOUBLEPOST]
I watch those of interest but i share your problem in the views mentioned underneath the videe not counting. I have a vid wich scored 2K views here or so to say but on my Youtube it doesn't show those views only the ones i received on youtube for that video itself.
thats interesting.. maybe im getting more views than i thought from freedom... its going into my analytics as unknown views?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
wow is that what you do each month! so much spamming! i am guilty of just posting and leaving but when i do try and watch other people videos i see a 15-30 minute un-edited video, mono tone commentary... if any and no thought gone into it... drives me crazy! sometimes i find good people with small channels... youtube videos is just such a flooded thing now because its so easy to do[DOUBLEPOST=1514551500][/DOUBLEPOST]
thats interesting.. maybe im getting more views than i thought from freedom... its going into my analytics as unknown views?
I honestly don't know to name a example on my Youtube my vid has 500 views and here on the forums it says 2K. But those 2K are not counted on the Actual 500 that i already had so or that is a bug in Youtube or Forum views on the video don't count on the analytics

RatbagGaming2

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Yeah, we've thought of that a lot, I made this if you need boring data to look over
that sort of information should be sent to people promoting their channels... sending them guildlines for the next post... i always am thankful for constructive criticism because i feel its an honest opinion and shows they watched the video instead of someone being nice and saying nice video.... great liked... liked the video... if i see something wrong i normally tell them.

Eldridge Coutinho

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 16, 2016
India
www.youtube.com
YouTube
This is indeed an issue the Forums have been dealing with for a long time, if you have any suggestions as to how to fix it you are invited to check out the following threads:
I think there should be specific groups like subreddits...but considering gaming as one genre is quite vague. There are plenty of youtubers that only do one kind of game which is a genre in itself on youtube. for eg- FIFA youtubers. PUBG etc.
So i think there should be specific genres for every kind of youtuber to show interest in the forums.
Also you could keep a minimum comments/interaction requirement for posting a thread

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DoxyTheCroat

New User
Dec 27, 2017
YouTube
I am new to Freedom, and relatively new to youtube.
ALl i can see is people dumping videos and never coming back, unless they have another video to advertise here.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
remove it permanently, and be media as media itself to avoid flooding
From my experience the Media section does not make things better. Here's a graph of all threads of November. Most of Media is also just people dumping a video workout any shown effort.

IMG_20171231_113316.jpg
Note: a "spammy description" in this case means it has a ton of links put in. However 90% of those are just copying the YouTube description which means No effort was put in.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Unfortunately most people here are video creators rather than people looking for content. It might be helpful to get a few views from the community but the best way to promote your video is put it somewhere that people want to find specific content.

If you do post a video there, you should aim to watch & comment on as many videos as you would like other to watch an comment on yours. If you are just posting a video then leaving that will just add to the problem.