Freedom Skype Youtube group!

ChaosUprising

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2014
YouTube
Hello everybody! My name is Scott, and I am here to put forward an idea to the Freedom! forums. What I've currently got going is a this sort of Skype Youtube channel grower, the way it works, is when people are added, they post what they think is their best video, and the others can critique it and give feedback. Also, whenever anybody uploads another video then they can post the video in to the chat with the layout:

Youtube Link: (Link)
Video name: (Name)
Length: (Length)

And the other people in the video will give feedback when they are able to watch it (Either in the skype chat or on your actual youtube video) on what was good and what could be improved.

I'm also offering free GFX to members of the group, so if you need any banners, icons, thumbnails or any other sort of thing like those, then I'll create it for free. If you would like to join, then please reply with the following layout, and I will add you as soon as possible.

Please lay your reply out like this:

Youtube channel link:
Subscribers:
Types of videos I upload:
Why I should be picked for this group:

Hope to read some replies soon! :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
"Channel grower" would be a false term. Since if the people viewing aren't coming on their own terms with no influence from you, you're not growing.

ChaosUprising

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2014
YouTube
"Channel grower" would be a false term. Since if the people viewing aren't coming on their own terms with no influence from you, you're not growing.

It does help to gradually give growth though, since you're getting feedback from the other members, and should therefore be improving the quality of your video and the content you upload, and there's generally a trend of when you upload better quality videos, more people tend to watch them.

allison w

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2014
YouTube
alleykat112
Youtube channel link: alleykat games
Subscribers: 18
Types of videos I upload: gaming
Why I should be picked for this group: i like giving feedback i love meeting others that are into the same passion as me

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Just to be clear with anyone thats reading this, this is NOT an official Freedom group. Forums and other Freedom staff does not have anything to do with running it.

Now since thats out of the way id just like to point out that you will be getting people that wont really want to review anyone and just post theyr videos whenever they can, thus making the group spammy and a terrible place to be in, ofcourse you might gain more people in the group as others leave, but that just shows that this is not a great idea. Many such groups have been started over the years and none of them are around anymore.

Thats just my oppinion.

ChaosUprising

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2014
YouTube
Just to be clear with anyone thats reading this, this is NOT an official Freedom group. Forums and other Freedom staff does not have anything to do with running it.

Now since thats out of the way id just like to point out that you will be getting people that wont really want to review anyone and just post theyr videos whenever they can, thus making the group spammy and a terrible place to be in, ofcourse you might gain more people in the group as others leave, but that just shows that this is not a great idea. Many such groups have been started over the years and none of them are around anymore.

Thats just my oppinion.

I realise that, but I've got some rules in place in the group to prevent the spam from becoming excessive. So if I notice that a few people/one person isn't giving feedback on any videos I'd point it out and ask them to do so, and if after a few chances they still don't change then they'd be removed.

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Hello everybody! My name is Scott, and I am here to put forward an idea to the Freedom! forums. What I've currently got going is a this sort of Skype Youtube channel grower, the way it works, is when people are added, they post what they think is their best video, and the others can critique it and give feedback. Also, whenever anybody uploads another video then they can post the video in to the chat with the layout:

Youtube Link: (Link)
Video name: (Name)
Length: (Length)

And the other people in the video will give feedback when they are able to watch it (Either in the skype chat or on your actual youtube video) on what was good and what could be improved.

I'm also offering free GFX to members of the group, so if you need any banners, icons, thumbnails or any other sort of thing like those, then I'll create it for free. If you would like to join, then please reply with the following layout, and I will add you as soon as possible.

Please lay your reply out like this:

Youtube channel link:
Subscribers:
Types of videos I upload:
Why I should be picked for this group:

Hope to read some replies soon! :)

This idea has bad written all over it from my experience but I'd almost join in just to see how it goes...

Reactions: Thunderbolt

Brickpro

Lost in the Nether, will be back soon...
Freedom! Member
This idea has bad written all over it from my experience but I'd almost join in just to see how it goes...

;) I should know. :p

I'm In!

Youtube channel link: youtube.com/brick-productions
Subscribers: 435
Types of videos I upload: Intros/Templates/Tutorials
Why I should be picked for this group: I would love to see how it goes.

Reactions: Bee

ChaosUprising

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2014
YouTube
;) I should know. :p

I'm In!

Youtube channel link: youtube.com/brick-productions
Subscribers: 435
Types of videos I upload: Intros/Templates/Tutorials
Why I should be picked for this group: I would love to see how it goes.

I've sent you a request on skype :)

ChaosUprising

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2014
YouTube
So now that some time has passed how many actually joined and did it live up to what your idea was about it?

There are currently 15 people in the group, myself included, and I think it's going quite well, still has a way to go though, since members do need to currently be reminded to give feedback on other people's videos :D It's definitely better than before I posted the thread here.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
since members do need to currently be reminded to give feedback on other people's videos.
This is one of the things I was worried about. People are more focused on advertising and boosting themselves rather than actually helping others out in such a community.
It's the reason why the advertised videos in the appropriate section get minimal views and (almost never) replies.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
This is one of the things I was worried about. People are more focused on advertising and boosting themselves rather than actually helping others out in such a community.
It's the reason why the advertised videos in the appropriate section get minimal views and (almost never) replies.
Agreed to that. I only watch the content of those who are active on the forums not from the ones that only advertise.

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2015
UK
YouTube
It's a good idea (sort of) but I can imagine it just be constant spam of links and no one actually helping others out

ChaosUprising

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2014
YouTube
It's a good idea (sort of) but I can imagine it just be constant spam of links and no one actually helping others out

Honestly, there's only a Youtube link every 20-30 messages from people of the group, and I guess it's fair to say that it's mainly used to socialize, and to see how other Youtubers are running their own channels. We're also planning a collab of L4D2 to happen sometime in the near future within the group :D

Reactions: Bee and ReesFitz92