Gaming PC To Run Call Of Duty And GTA

Frank Ash

Freedom! Member
Dec 19, 2015
YouTube
Can Someone Tell Me the best PC build Under 500$ good Enough to play Latest Call Of Duty And Gta Games.

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Hello Frank Ash,

Here is the build I made off of PcPartPicker - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RWwT8d

It will run COD and GTA on Medium to Max Detail at 720P-1080P depending on how many monitors you plan to use, and what you have running in the background.

It's an APU which is more cost efficient than buying a Video card and a separate GPU with your build.

Now if your budget was a little bit more, I could really make this rig shine!

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
It will run COD and GTA on Medium to Max Detail at 720P-1080P depending on how many monitors you plan to use, and what you have running in the background.

It's an APU which is more cost efficient than buying a Video card and a separate GPU with your build.

sadly, this machine will not run GTA 5 on medium settings at 1080p.

running an APU means it will be more cost effective, but cannot compare in power to a dedicated GPU. while the machine may be very snappy due to the SSD, they will not be able to play games very well at all.

Here is a different rig that is more focused on the GPU: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GF67zy

It should game on medium/high on GTA5 at 1080p at around 50Fps

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
sadly, this machine will not run GTA 5 on medium settings at 1080p.

running an APU means it will be more cost effective, but cannot compare in power to a dedicated GPU. while the machine may be very snappy due to the SSD, they will not be able to play games very well at all.

Here is a different rig that is more focused on the GPU: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GF67zy

It should game on medium/high on GTA5 at 1080p at around 50Fps
It will in fact play GTA5 at 1080P on low settings above 60FPS, while medium Settings it's sitting around 30ish FPS. Now if you want, you can go with his build, even though it may take a bit longer to load up, and it's processing power isn't as powerful as the A10 since it is a bit older architecture, but all in all, depends on what he wants other than for gaming.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
It will in fact play GTA5 at 1080P on low settings above 60FPS, while medium Settings it's sitting around 30ish FPS. Now if you want, you can go with his build, even though it may take a bit longer to load up, and it's processing power isn't as powerful as the A10 since it is a bit older architecture, but all in all, depends on what he wants other than for gaming.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

how much do you game on an integrated GPU? intels integrated is WAY better than AMDs and it still sucks. please show me video proof of that processor running GTA 5 at 1080p at a decent frame rate.

all he wanted was a machine that could play two games though. who cares about loading times when higher framerates will give a better gaming performance?

theres about $50 left over on my parts list to get a cheap SSD. updated list with SSD, $3 over. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/B7rz23

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
how much do you game on an integrated GPU? intels integrated is WAY better than AMDs and it still sucks. please show me video proof of that processor running GTA 5 at 1080p at a decent frame rate.

all he wanted was a machine that could play two games though. who cares about loading times when higher framerates will give a better gaming performance?

theres about $50 left over on my parts list to get a cheap SSD. updated list with SSD, $3 over. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/B7rz23
Sounds like your wanting to start a fight, Which I'm not going to participate in, Just google the AMD A10-7870K
GTA Benchmarks, and you'll see for yourself. Intel VS AMD, it's been a long war, and It shouldn't be brought up here. If you'd be so kind as to be a tad bit more calm in your post, I'd appreciate it, if he wants to go with the SSD Let him, it's up to him to decide which one he likes better not you, or me.

Now if you didn't want to google it... Let Me Google That For You

A side note - with the SSD in your updated list, it's $30 over his recommended asking price which is Under $500.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom

Now lets get down to the comparison part, My list VS Yours.

CPU - AMD A10 7870K vs AMD Athlon X4 860k - A10 7870K Wins by slightly better performance

MotherBoard - A88XM VS A68HM - A88XM Is more Reliable, and overclocking(If wanted) will be more stable, and efficient when compared to a Sub $50 Motherboard.

Memory(Ram) - 8 x 2 (16GB) G.Skill RipJaws X Series(2400 Mhz) VS 8 x 1 Avexir Budget Series (1600Mhz) I'd have to say, the more ram, and the faster it is, the better experience you'll have(G.Skill is a trusted brand, that's been around for a long time, not so sure about Avexir)

Storage - A-Data Premier SP550 240GB SSD VS (Optional for $30 over Budget) A-Data Premier SP550 120GB - Same Brand, Almost same SSD, While the 240GB offers more storage for a boot drive, and for files, for quick access)

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB VS Western Digital Blue 500GB - The 500GB WD Blue is based upon older Architecture, and probably won't last as long as a newer 1TB WD Blue(Not sure) The Performance will be a tad bit better, and you'll have more storage with the Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB.

Video Card - APU VS EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SuperSC ACX 2.0 - You'll definately get better performance with the GTX 960 4GB, but when it comes down to Price to Performance the APU will beat it, only difference is the GTX 960 4GB will get around 40-60 frames more since it's dedicated and has more VRAM, so that's a plus.

Computer Case - Up to Buyer

Power Supply - Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular VS Thermaltake TR2 500W ATX - Now his power supply does indeed provide more power, but the draw back of that is, the cables, it will be a bit messy, you'll have to hide your cables behind a drive bay, or just let them dangle around, while my power supply is semi modular, meaning you can unplug cables and plug in the ones that you need, while having less to tuck away. Also my power supply is Bronze rated, meaning it's a tad bit more reliable, and saves you more power in the long run.

To Sum it up -

His Build - Great, but slow load speeds a little less reliable, but definitely worth a look at.

My Build - Great for the Performance to Cost Side of things.(Boot up is Fast, Extra Ram for multi tasking, and Gaming while Recording, or other things, plus more storage) I made it to have Reliability, along with Performance, I don't cheap out on Components, I don't upgrade my PC Every year, or 6 months. I build for the long term. (Worth a look)

Now it's up to the Original Poster to decide.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
Now lets get down to the comparison part, My list VS Yours.

CPU - AMD A10 7870K vs AMD Athlon X4 860k - A10 7870K Wins by slightly better performance

MotherBoard - A88XM VS A68HM - A88XM Is more Reliable, and overclocking(If wanted) will be more stable, and efficient when compared to a Sub $50 Motherboard.

Memory(Ram) - 8 x 2 (16GB) G.Skill RipJaws X Series(2400 Mhz) VS 8 x 1 Avexir Budget Series (1600Mhz) I'd have to say, the more ram, and the faster it is, the better experience you'll have(G.Skill is a trusted brand, that's been around for a long time, not so sure about Avexir)

Storage - A-Data Premier SP550 240GB SSD VS (Optional for $30 over Budget) A-Data Premier SP550 120GB - Same Brand, Almost same SSD, While the 240GB offers more storage for a boot drive, and for files, for quick access)

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB VS Western Digital Blue 500GB - The 500GB WD Blue is based upon older Architecture, and probably won't last as long as a newer 1TB WD Blue(Not sure) The Performance will be a tad bit better, and you'll have more storage with the Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB.

Video Card - APU VS EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SuperSC ACX 2.0 - You'll definately get better performance with the GTX 960 4GB, but when it comes down to Price to Performance the APU will beat it, only difference is the GTX 960 4GB will get around 40-60 frames more since it's dedicated and has more VRAM, so that's a plus.

Computer Case - Up to Buyer

Power Supply - Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular VS Thermaltake TR2 500W ATX - Now his power supply does indeed provide more power, but the draw back of that is, the cables, it will be a bit messy, you'll have to hide your cables behind a drive bay, or just let them dangle around, while my power supply is semi modular, meaning you can unplug cables and plug in the ones that you need, while having less to tuck away. Also my power supply is Bronze rated, meaning it's a tad bit more reliable, and saves you more power in the long run.

To Sum it up -

His Build - Great, but slow load speeds a little less reliable, but definitely worth a look at.

My Build - Great for the Performance to Cost Side of things.(Boot up is Fast, Extra Ram for multi tasking, and Gaming while Recording, or other things, plus more storage) I made it to have Reliability, along with Performance, I don't cheap out on Components, I don't upgrade my PC Every year, or 6 months. I build for the long term. (Worth a look)

Now it's up to the Original Poster to decide.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

you dont have to be an asshole with the "let me google that for you" link. if you think 30fps = 60 fps, then you have another thing coming.

listen, when youre working with $500, you dont want to spend needlessly on getting a modular power supply. cable management is handled by the case, its fine. getting extra ram will not make your gaming performance better. having faster ram wont make your gaming performance better.

you seem to be judging the machine i designed purely on cpu frequency and drive speed. neither of these are really important for high frame rates, resolution, and textures. whats important for your cpu is to not bottleneck your graphics card. in reality, the CPU has way less importance than the GPU when it comes to gaming.

id be glad to help you get started on the correct path with better information.

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
you dont have to be an asshole with the "let me google that for you" link. if you think 30fps = 60 fps, then you have another thing coming.

listen, when youre working with $500, you dont want to spend needlessly on getting a modular power supply. cable management is handled by the case, its fine. getting extra ram will not make your gaming performance better. having faster ram wont make your gaming performance better.

you seem to be judging the machine i designed purely on cpu frequency and drive speed. neither of these are really important for high frame rates, resolution, and textures. whats important for your cpu is to not bottleneck your graphics card. in reality, the CPU has way less importance than the GPU when it comes to gaming.

Okay Dandruff, let me ask you this, how long have you been working on computers? I'm not trying to start anything as it is now, all I said was that Reliability trumps in the long run when compared to what you had to offer.

Now if you want me to get real technical, I can, but not on these Forums, Let's keep it hate, and spam free.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
i've been working on computers for around 15 years.

you haven't demonstrated how yours is more reliable than mine, only stated it. they both use quality parts.

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom

When your working with $500 and want the BEST Gaming PC to run COD and GTA, You'll need Reliability, and that means Quality Parts, what your offering is similar to that of Knock off brands in the Memory(Ram) Category, Now let me set you straight, when you say that getting extra ram will not make your gaming performance better, that's where your incorrect, The more ram you have, the better your pc will run, now going over 32GB - 128GB is kinda stupid in my mind, but having 16GB of ram will definitely benefit a APU or any Computer when it comes down to Gaming, and having applications running in the background.

CPU Frequency and Drive speed do indeed matter when it comes down to High Frame Rates, having a 1GHZ processor vs a 4GHZ Processor will be a huge factor in determining High Frames, The higher the processor speed, the faster it can calculate, and process. Plus having a higher clockspeed will in tern give you a better performance boost, than just having a standard clock speed.

Now what you say about the CPU Bottlenecking your GPU is indeed important, but as what I had offered, and what you offered, they both don't bottleneck anything.

When you say the CPU has less importance than the GPU when it comes to gaming, you are incorrect, You can game with a Pentium 4 Processor and have a GTX 960 and have about half the frames that'd you get with a I7 4790k and a GTX 960. Choosing the correct balance is indeed important.

Now when you say, that you'd be glad to help me get started on the correct path to information, you definately meant that as an insult which I don't believe you should have said, now if you want, I can go out of my way, to get all of the information that I stated here, and post it in one post for you to read, and enjoy something else while doing so, but I'm sure it'd probably take you longer than a day to read it all. So do yourself a favor, do your research before you come in here, and start saying that these things don't affect gaming performance at all.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
ram is ram man. get whatever is cheap. frequency of ram doesnt effect gaming. it also wont effect your windows experience either. get more ram if youre using a lot of layers in video editing, running VMs, or if you have tons of tabs open in chrome, otherwise 8GB is plenty for running games and being on the internet with a few tabs open. the potato masher (which im sure youre familiar with) ran all but 2 games on 4GB of RAM.

your example of a pentium 4 and a GTX 960 is laughable. yes lets use a 15 year old processor with a 1 year old GPU. get real. any reletively new quad core processor wont bottleneck any gpu on the market to the point that its unpleasant. half as many frames? youre lucky to get a 10th. however a pentium G3258 will only bottleneck the 960 in CPU heavy games, ie GTA and not CoD.

you misunderstand why i bring up bottlenecking. you agree that the processor i chose wont bottleneck a 960. the r7 graphics on the a10 pale in comparison. because youre not running an APU you dont need as much ram to feed it.

i built a pure gaming rig, mine will give better gaming performance. yours is more of an overall machine. i cant believe you are recommending an APU with $500 to spend. dedicated will give SO much better enjoyment out of playing games.

Last edited:

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Please Don't Fight Zac And Dandruff. It's Okay To Compare.
Don't worry, Fighting over computers is overrated anyway, That's why they have websites dedicated for FlameWars lol.

Anywho, I hope you like our builds.

Sincerely,

Zac's Custom

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
You can find nice computer for 500$ to run games at least at medium. Just ask the best sellers in there what is the best gaming computer to get for that much money. :)