Good game capture device for ps4

G

Gods of Odds

I think I need to get a game capture device but I want to know what is the best one to get and what one could I get that is still really good but doesn't cost loads. Also is there a way to record more than 15 minutes on ps4 without one and without doing twitch?

Reactions: GoddessGigiG

Nicholas Harris

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Canada
YouTube
NertiaYT
I currently use the Elgato HD 60 which is ~$200, there is a cheaper one for like 160 or something but its quality isn't as good. I'd suggest that if you're looking for HD quality recording! With the Elgato you can record everything to your computer and make the videos as long as you'd like! :)

Jeremiah Berver

Rising User
Jan 12, 2016
Georgia
YouTube
I currently use the Elgato HD 60 which is ~$200, there is a cheaper one for like 160 or something but its quality isn't as good. I'd suggest that if you're looking for HD quality recording! With the Elgato you can record everything to your computer and make the videos as long as you'd like! :)
I've used both Elgato Game Capture HD and the Elgato HD60, they're both same in quality, only difference is that the HD60 can record 1080p60. I went back to the older Elgato because it's cheaper, works with the HD60 software, and I'm not recording 60 fps unless I'm not using webcam. I had to restart my channel recently but I only use 720 or 1080 because of the render time with 60 fps

G

Gods of Odds

I've used both Elgato Game Capture HD and the Elgato HD60, they're both same in quality, only difference is that the HD60 can record 1080p60. I went back to the older Elgato because it's cheaper, works with the HD60 software, and I'm not recording 60 fps unless I'm not using webcam. I had to restart my channel recently but I only use 720 or 1080 because of the render time with 60 fps
Ok thanks for the reply.

TheGenXGamer

Rising User
Apr 20, 2016
YouTube
I also just use the standard older Elgato Game Capture HD that records 30 fps. At the moment I don't feel the need to upgrade. It works really well!

UncleGravy

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2016
Wales
YouTube
Uncle_Gravy
Recently bought an Elgato Gamecapture HD60 Pro (The PCIe) version, just wanted to test the quality of running a two PC set up for twitch for a laugh (£160 xD)

Put it in my hex core Xeon system and cranked the quality up, I was impressed.

If you don't need 60fps then get the standard game capture, or even go second hand with the release of the HD60 people are selling off their old kit.

Hope this helps

Reactions: NachoAverageGamers
G

Gods of Odds

Recently bought an Elgato Gamecapture HD60 Pro (The PCIe) version, just wanted to test the quality of running a two PC set up for twitch for a laugh (£160 xD)

Put it in my hex core Xeon system and cranked the quality up, I was impressed.

If you don't need 60fps then get the standard game capture, or even go second hand with the release of the HD60 people are selling off their old kit.

Hope this helps
Ok thanks.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Ok, hope you find an alternative.
Just note, not every device plays 1080 so 720 would be a good option until you get a proper capture card since it's not far of 1080

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
Elgato is the way to go. I have had the normal card for years now, and it still gets improved frequently with software updates. Great quality for recording.