Resources Handbrake, does it work?

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
So Handbrake is a software that compresses video files to make them smaller, thus making them quicker to upload. I started using it, and it made a 3.2 GB file to a 601 MB file, and the quality didn't seem to go down.

So do you use Handbrake? Are there any issues you had with it? Is it good?

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
Alright, so it didn't seem to reduce that much quality on that video I was talking about, but it was noticeable on the CSGO video I tested it with. So guess that means I wont be using Handbrake anymore.

The Zone_

Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2014
I love Handbrake and I've used it for almost a year now. If it doesn't compress the size as much as you want it to, try to play around with the settings. It might improve the compression a bit.

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
I normal record with Xsplit, then the files is small enough for direct upload.
However probally because of my high upload speed, But I use a software of aone-soft
Since it is a great video compressor in my opinion. Also work for audio files, and to convert files into different operating systems

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
honestly you shouldnt need this, if you use the proper render settings you will have a fairly small file size and wont have to use something like this, for instance a 15 minute video can range from 2-8 gigs depending on the settings and the program I edited it with... however if my video is 8 gigs i did something very wrong