Offering Hardcore Critical Detailed Review will be given...

Were you satisfied with my review? (Answer after I did the review)

• Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa Fam! ^^

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Nope! You Suck! :V

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Okay, so I want to help everyone new on Youtube and put in a lot of effort like me, So I will review your channel as a harsh critic and give my opinion of it....It's not gonna be easy to get a perfect score...I'm categorizing the channel into these categories:

Channel Layout:
Thumbnails and Banner:
Content Quality:
Entertaining Watch:
Viewer Interaction
Overall Effort (includes Editing etc):

I'm not asking anything from your side except your channel links so that I can review them....However, if you wish to check out my channel for reference sake or just curiosity (lol) you can....I'm not perfect though :p ....Anyway gimme your channels m8es! And a note, Plz don't hate me just cause I give my honest opinion...I'll make sure to drop advices too! :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17740

Hay there!
Hope my channel is better now, than what it was a few weeks ago

Reactions: AFKPlays

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Okay, so I want to help everyone new on Youtube and put in a lot of effort like me, So I will review your channel and give my 'HONEST' opinion of it....It's not gonna be easy to get a perfect score...I'm categorizing the channel into these categories:

Channel Layout:
Thumbnails and Banner:
Content Quality:
Entertaining Watch:
Viewer Interaction
Overall Effort (includes Editing etc):

I'm not asking anything from your side except your channel links so that I can review them....However, if you wish to check out my channel for reference sake or just curiosity (lol) you can....I'm not perfect though :p ....Anyway gimme your channels m8es! And a note, Plz don't hate me just cause I give my honest opinion...I'll make sure to drop advices too! :D
did you want me to do the same for you or not?

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
this should be fun if you like you can review my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmGVdFgKoy4p8nEXeGzEnQ
Sure, Here are the scores:

Channel Layout: 9/10 [Put Popular Uploads above the others, just after the uploads. Reason: People are convinced you post interesting stuff based on views and seeing how you got so many views for certain videos....]

Thumbnails and Banner: 8/10 [Good but try mixing it up a little for thumbnails like adding text based on how you felt in that episode.. Reason: Many people get mood out when they see similar looking thumbnails. Banner is great, try adding a little more text though, to give a statement that you are a gamer]

Content Quality: 8/10 [Great work with the hub on the pokemon adventure red videos....Although, I think it's a little better if the screen is a bit bigger. Reason: Mobile viewers may face difficulty. Try improving the mic quality....]

Entertaining Watch: 7.5/10 [your commentary is ok, but the mic volume and game volume balance is kinda off, so it's either game volume is too low or mic volume too high which poses a slight issue....I appreciate the short episodes as usually pokemon game videos are draggy...Also try editing more. Reason: You may wanna stand out in the youtube competition]

Viewer Interaction: 6/10 [Interaction with your viewers is really important if you want to stand out, but I saw your vlog so I'm guessing you are slowly starting it..I know you make let's plays, but try mentioning them more in your videos, ask questions tell them to state their opinion etc...Reason: Because it'll make a viewer into a subscriber and moreover stick subbed to you longer...and get to know you more as a person]

Overall Effort: 8/10 [Honestly speaking let's plays don't require much of a work, mostly record and upload which is where you can get a upper hand when you do cut commentary, especially times like fighting a unnecessary wild pokemon which is obviously not needed can be cut out...Reason: It'll increase the pace of the video and avoid draggy gameplay and increase your watch time]

Hope the channel review helped! Good luck for you in the future! xD[DOUBLEPOST=1479900277][/DOUBLEPOST]
did you want me to do the same for you or not?
not really, it's an offering! xD[DOUBLEPOST=1479900470][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hay there!
Hope my channel is better now, than what it was a few weeks ago
So do you want me to review it? :)

Last edited:

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sure, Here are the scores:

Channel Layout: 9/10 [Put Popular Uploads above the others, just after the uploads. Reason: People are convinced you post interesting stuff based on views and seeing how you got so many views for certain videos....]

Thumbnails and Banner: 8/10 [Good but try mixing it up a little for thumbnails like adding text based on how you felt in that episode.. Reason: Many people get mood out when they see similar looking thumbnails. Banner is great, try adding a little more text though, to give a statement that you are a gamer]

Content Quality: 8/10 [Great work with the hub on the pokemon adventure red videos....Although, I think it's a little better if the screen is a bit bigger. Reason: Mobile viewers may face difficulty. Try improving the mic quality....]

Entertaining Watch: 7.5/10 [your commentary is ok, but the mic volume and game volume balance is kinda off, so it's either game volume is too low or mic volume too high which poses a slight issue....I appreciate the short episodes as usually pokemon game videos are draggy...Also try editing more. Reason: You may wanna stand out in the youtube competition]

Viewer Interaction: 6/10 [Interaction with your viewers is really important if you want to stand out, but I saw your vlog so I'm guessing you are slowly starting it..I know you make let's plays, but try mentioning them more in your videos, ask questions tell them to state their opinion etc...Reason: Because it'll make a viewer into a subscriber and moreover stick subbed to you longer...and get to know you more as a person]

Overall Effort: 8/10 [Honestly speaking pokemon gameplays don't require much of a work, mostly record and upload which is where you can get a upper hand when you do cut commentary, especially times like fighting a unnecessary wild pokemon which is obviously not needed can be cut out...Reason: It'll increase the pace of the video and avoid draggy gameplay and increase your watch time]

Hope the channel review helped! Good luck for you in the future! xD[DOUBLEPOST=1479900277][/DOUBLEPOST]
not really, it's an offering! xD[DOUBLEPOST=1479900470][/DOUBLEPOST]
So do you want me to review it? :)
thanks man im sure this will help.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Hay @AFKPlays sure
(i forgot to add my YT url sry)
YT: www.youtube.com/c/UCM2jP0173iYvXY-_tzTBUzw
Sure, Here are your scores:

Channel Layout: 9/10 [Add in popular uploads in the list of stuff that are viewed at your channel page. Reason: You may not see the difference now. But, you will definitely see it in a while.]

Thumbnails and Banner: 6/10 [You need to work on this...The banner is great! Except you need more text in there to describe your channel atleast a little bit, Thumbnails need work, I understand you are letting youtube choose the best thumbnail........which is not gonna work, start doing basic thumbnail editing on online thumbnail editors like Pixlr or canva Reason: The viewer should feel the effort you put in your videos....But it's a better option than having same thumbnails on every video.....don't worry you have improved :)....Change your channel profile picture....don't keep it the same as the banner....

Content Quality: 5.5/10 [Another thing you need to improve, as you mentioned in your video....the screen is buggy and glitchy...try getting rid of that asap, Mic quality is good at this point...Also mix up your uploads, you have been uploading civilization for a while....]

Entertaining Watch: 7.5/10 [Your commentary is great and I appreciate the short videos, although speak a little faster and with more emotion also, that buggy screen inhibits a good watch as well....Keep that as your main focus for now]

Viewer Interaction Nil/10 [This doesn't apply atleast until someone reaches 100 subs]

Overall Effort: 8/10 [Why the score is high? The reason is simple, You're doing good for the state you are in, just fix the screen, start minecraft and you will be fine!]

Hope this channel review helped, good luck in the future! xD

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Alright man I got like 20 videos on private for scheduled uploads but totally willing to give this a shot. I appreciate it a lot man.

https://www.youtube.com/themlgenies
Sure, here are your scores:

Channel Layout: 7.5/10 [Add more lists under Uploads and create playlists. Reason: Viewers like it organised]

Thumbnails and Banner: 7/10 [Some thumbnails are good but overall a bit too random....Stick to a certain layout but make it different each day Reason: If it's random, your viewers will think you are going nowhere with your channel]

Content Quality: 9.5/10 [The quality as in video quality is really great! Keep it up!]

Entertaining Watch: 9.5/10 [The content you upload is damn funny and original. I like that! But then again it's too hard to get a perfect on my book. One minor problem I had was, I noticed the comedy was of the same type...as in 'sarcastic'. It's not much of an issue but, if you want a big audience...gotta try to get everybody's tastes! xD]

Viewer Interaction: 6/10 [Again, viewer interaction is very important, you are at 200 subs...you don't want them to leave all of a sudden right? Try to become closer than just creators and fans!]

Overall Effort: 7/10 [The score is less only because of the no. of videos but, as you say you have a lot of videos, then try making a faster upload schedule, youtube is more competitive than ever....]

Hope this review helped you! Good luck in the future! xD

Last edited:

TheMLGenies

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2016
YouTube
TheMLGenies

Channel Layout: 7.5/10 [Add more lists under Uploads and create playlists. Reason: Viewers like it organised]

Thumbnails and Banner: 7/10 [Some thumbnails are good but overall a bit too random....Stick to a certain layout but make it different each day Reason: If it's random, your viewers will think you are going nowhere with your channel]

Viewer Interaction: 6/10 [Again, viewer interaction is very important, you are at 200 subs...you don't want them to leave all of a sudden right? Try to become closer than just creators and fans!]
Thanks again for doing this man I really appreciate it. I definitely agree with you on the thumbnails they should definitely have a certain level of consistency. As for the playlists I kinda figured those were used primarily for like series or something, and we don't exactly have much going on there just kinda videos here and there about whatever. In terms of viewer interaction, we don't get a lot of comments and the ones we do I reply to. Any suggestions for helping out with viewer interaction? I'm at a loss.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Thanks again for doing this man I really appreciate it. I definitely agree with you on the thumbnails they should definitely have a certain level of consistency. As for the playlists I kinda figured those were used primarily for like series or something, and we don't exactly have much going on there just kinda videos here and there about whatever. In terms of viewer interaction, we don't get a lot of comments and the ones we do I reply to. Any suggestions for helping out with viewer interaction? I'm at a loss.
Well now that you reached 200...make a thanking video and do a 200 sub special of some sort,,,and when you reach 500 plan a Q and A segment.....tell them to follow you on twitter (provided you are active there) seriously there are n number of ways guys :) Keep in mind youtube is about creativity! :D

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Hi bro

You can review my channel?

I've had a tough year

Sure, Here are your scores:

Channel Layout: 9/10 [Everything is good except for the channel trailer, or in other words the video you display to new viewers....you should either tag an introduction based video where you introduce yourself or atleast a video where your face is seen. Reason: New viewers will get the wrong idea about your channel]

Thumbnails and Banner: 9/10 [Thumbnails are good while the banner and profile picture are great! You can seek more ways to improve your thumbnails though...Like add in some effects and make it stand out more. Reason: Viewers always get attracted by new and creative thumbnails]

Content Quality: 7.5/10 [The in-game quality is great while mic quality is ok-ish and webcam quality is bad...I would suggest you to stop using a headphone mic, but it also depends on what budget you are running on....And also note that you need to work on the in-game volume and mic volume balance, adjust it in a way that your voice is equal or higher than the in-game volume]

Entertaining Watch: NA/10 [I couldn't really rate this because I couldn't understand your language. Sorry! :(]

Viewer Interaction: NA/10 [I don't rate this unless the channel has crossed 100 subs, the milestone from where this becomes a necessity :)]

Overall Effort: 7/10 [You need to try harder :(, First off, decide an upload schedule and stick to it, it's really important these days, decide a genre of games that you're gonna focus on, if not, it'll seem you are going nowhere with your channel...and forget about your haters, I know it's tough...
And progress with an objective...]

Hope this channel review helped! Good luck for your future! :D

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Would love a review if possible please

Channel Layout: 9/10 [Everything is good, except add in popular uploads to the list of lists available at channel page along with uploads and etc...Reason: Viewers like to see what's popular in your channel first]

Thumbnails and Banner: 9/10 [Banner and channel profile picture is great! Thumbnails are good but you can make them better...try learning some photoshop techniques :) Reason: Making your thumbnail stand out is important!]

Content Quality: 8.5/10 [The in-game quality is good but try getting a 60FPS to make it look perfect, the mic is great and so is the webcam, but try fixing the in-game volume and mic volume balance...The mic volume is kinda too high, but in Mafia 3 it was too low]

Entertaining Watch: 9/10 [Your commentary is great! It makes a good overall entertaining watch, although, you can make it better with editing put in...Like atleast Cut commentaries and stuff...:) Reason: It'll reduce your video time, increase game pace, earn more watch time and interest from your viewers]

Viewer Interaction: 6.5/10 [Very important :( especially with the amount of subs you have...I know you are a gaming channel and a let's player but, if you can't be more than 'just another gamer' on youtube, you won't stand out...If you want your viewers to comment more and share your channel more, you have try and connect to them, thank them sometime....hold a series for them like Q and A or something....Atleast mention them more in your videos, ask questions to them etc....Viewer interaction is a key element as they will start seeing you more than 'just another channel'. And honestly, that's where youtube is fun ya' know....]

Overall Effort: 8.5/10 [Great job with the daily upload, but keep in mind quality is always better than quantity on youtube, so if you feel bored of your own video or you feel people are not going to enjoy it, it's fine...take a day off and edit more tomorrow and make the video perfect....no hurry! Because only with quality you can attract people, if they don't really like your videos, how can you expect them to watch on a daily basis?]

Hope this channel review helps! Good luck with the future![DOUBLEPOST=1479974195][/DOUBLEPOST]
Could you possibly review my channel? Thanks
Add in the channel URL or get the Channel sub button from here: https://freedom.community.tm/thread...subscribe-button-below-your-signature.186167/

Last edited: