Has anyone moved out with no job?

G

Gods of Odds

I really want to move out and sort of starting to need to for various reasons so I was wondering has anyone here moved out without having a job? I currently don't have a job and I don't really have money, I am a student studying a Classics degree if that makes a difference? I've heard that students can get money to pay for them living when moving out? Does anyone here have any tips?

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
I would never even think of moving out without a job or steady income. I had a job for around 6 months before I moved out to ensure it was safe and that I could afford my flat

The last thing you want is to move out with no money, fail to pay rent and then get evicted, especially as it can effect your credit ratings which could make getting loans / mortgages in the future impossible.

G

Gods of Odds

I would never even think of moving out without a job or steady income. I had a job for around 6 months before I moved out to ensure it was safe and that I could afford my flat

The last thing you want is to move out with no money, fail to pay rent and then get evicted, especially as it can effect your credit ratings which could make getting loans / mortgages in the future impossible.
I know, I do agree with all of that but I can't get a job at the moment due to studying a degree and other things I have to do in my life but i'm really starting to need to move out.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
I really want to move out and sort of starting to need to for various reasons so I was wondering has anyone here moved out without having a job? I currently don't have a job and I don't really have money, I am a student studying a Classics degree if that makes a difference? I've heard that students can get money to pay for them living when moving out? Does anyone here have any tips?

As a student you can get a student loan (this is in the UK), this is a loan at a lower interest rate but after you finish your degree and get a job you have to pay it back.

They majority of students in the UK use the loan to pay for accommodation while studying and get a part time job for extra cash for food etc.

I wouldn't recommend moving out without a job because you will get in a lot of debt very quickly and it takes years to get out of it again.

Reactions: Zexus
G

Gods of Odds

As a student you can get a student loan (this is in the UK), this is a loan at a lower interest rate but after you finish your degree and get a job you have to pay it back.

They majority of students in the UK use the loan to pay for accommodation while studying and get a part time job for extra cash for food etc.

I wouldn't recommend moving out without a job because you will get in a lot of debt very quickly and it takes years to get out of it again.
Yep thanks, I definitely don't want lots of debt.

Reactions: Jac Morton

Zexus

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2014
www.youtube.com
YouTube

This is completely true! I know it's not the answer you're looking for but the honest truth is you need to stick it out!

Reactions: Jac Morton

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Unless you know for sure you'd be stable enough to move out without struggling to pay rent or buy accommodations, just wait off. Maintaining your own place is a lot of work and can be very expensive, so just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. It may sound good in theory, but just realize the consequences if things go south

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member

I got my first apartment when I was 21, I only had a weekend job once a week so it was no goldmine but it was enough to survive next to my student aid. Most social housing programs in my country have special funds for people who are either studying or jobless. It makes living in social housing doable but living in a student dorm would cost the same or een more in my country!

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I graduated with Fine Arts, which essentially means, I should be making money off paintings and whatever, but alas, I do not. I had a job for a while, and hated it, so I quit. Luckily, at that time, I was still living with my parents, and I was able to live off the money I earned from said job. But of course, money runs out. So (and I recommend this) I started doing freelancing! I created my own schedule, advertised to people, or used websites to help advertise for me, and made money off my own time. Sometimes I worked 10+ hrs a day, sometimes I worked only 2. And it's great! I started off using Fiverr. It takes a pretty big cut, but it's a good starting ground. You should take a look into it.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
In my country, when you move into a new apartment or house [paid for via rent] you must pay what's called "First & Last", that's your first and last month's rent. It must be paid upfront, and there are few exceptions but most landlords like to follow this since it gives them financial security if a tenant doesn't pay rent.
For even a tiny apartment that's $1400 easy. So I wouldn't even dare trying to move out without much money to your name. Since you'd have nowhere to go that you could call your own.