How do you decide what games to record?

allison w

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2014
YouTube
alleykat112
i would say do the games that you love and you know you will have fun with honestly there is games out there i dont like but if i see a person that is funny and has fun with the game i have found myself to start liking the game for example never liked dayz never watched anyone play it and then i found someone who had fun with the game and was funny and made me laugh and the more they played it and made me laugh and now i love dayz hopfully that answers your question

RonnRetrobro jr

Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
I would say pick games that you like, but ones people will generally be interested in watching. I learned last year that it is hard to play older games as a smaller tubber and get an audience that cares. So games you like that are hot now help a lot. Also look at your analytics they will tell you what visitors of your channel like and then from that information you can tailor your content to be geared more towards what people are engaging you in more. I do gaming news videos so I do games I like more, but the focus of my content is really the news I am providing so it is possible to play anything providing you still feed your fans what they want to eat. Hope this helps you bro.

ScotiBot

Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2015
Yeovil
YouTube
I'll echo what others are saying. record what you enjoy. cant expect people to enjoy your videos if its not on a subject you don't enjoy

SW4NK GAMING

Rising User
Oct 19, 2015
YouTube
Hey, I'm kinda a newbie still on YouTube and was wondering, how do some of you more experienced gaming youtubers decide whether a game will make for an entertaining video?
In other words, what do you consider when deciding to record a game?

*this is my first thread post after my introduction so sorry if this is not how you are supposed to do this*
I'm new too, but for me I know what works for me and what others are doing I try to combine them both and helps with originality!

Mr Teamguy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 16, 2015
YouTube
Mr Team Guy Here and to anwser your question : Search for game that you know / you would love to play and enjoy playing / don't search for new games because just because they are new that doesn't mean that you will get subscribers and views from it . Find a game that has a core fanbase , the game that gives chill to you . That is how you will build yourself a core fanbase that always be active on your channel , not just some one time gameplay viewers that just going to watch one of your videos subscribe and never come back to see your videos again . Hope i helped , thank you for your time and have a good day Sir.