How has freedom helped you?

G

Gods of Odds

I really wondering whether it is worth me joining a network but I really can't decide. Can you all tell me how Freedom has helped you grow? The main reason I'm thinking about joining is because I am starting a new lore series soon and I'm thinking being partnered could enable me to show more people it by posting in the part of the forums where only partners can post.

G

Gods of Odds

Well fair enough, that is why I didn't join in the first place.

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
First, and the most important of all, Knowledge.
I've learned so much by joining Freedom!. When I first got started, I knew very little about being a YouTuber. I had no idea about Intros, Outros, Promotion, Copyright, etc. I learned all this by watching episodes of The George Show. And that was just at the beginning. As time went by, I learned more and more, and even today, am learning from The George Show.

Next, Music.
When I first got started, I was using music provided by Freedom!. Yeah, many people will argue that I could have got Copyright-Free Music from many other places for free. That's true, but since Freedom! was providing their own, I didn't feel the need to.

Next, Promotion.
This one was very recent. I got a shoutout on one of the episodes of The George Show. And yes, the shoutout did help.

Next, Socializing.
Joining the Freedom! Forums gives you a chance to socialize with other YouTubers, which is a huge plus point as socializing is very important.

Freedom! recently started providing free Graphics and Templates to the members. This isn't something that has helped me yet, because I don't use those graphics. I prefer to make my own. However, I'm pretty sure it has helped a lot of other members.

There are more ways that Freedom! has helped me, but this is all I can think of right now.

EoS TV

MMO Junkie!!
Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2014
www.youtube.com
YouTube
First, and the most important of all, Knowledge.
I've learned so much by joining Freedom!. When I first got started, I knew very little about being a YouTuber. I had no idea about Intros, Outros, Promotion, Copyright, etc. I learned all this by watching episodes of The George Show. And that was just at the beginning. As time went by, I learned more and more, and even today, am learning from The George Show.

Next, Music.
When I first got started, I was using music provided by Freedom!. Yeah, many people will argue that I could have got Copyright-Free Music from many other places for free. That's true, but since Freedom! was providing their own, I didn't feel the need to.

Next, Promotion.
This one was very recent. I got a shoutout on one of the episodes of The George Show. And yes, the shoutout did help.

Next, Socializing.
Joining the Freedom! Forums gives you a chance to socialize with other YouTubers, which is a huge plus point as socializing is very important.

Freedom! recently started providing free Graphics and Templates to the members. This isn't something that has helped me yet, because I don't use those graphics. I prefer to make my own. However, I'm pretty sure it has helped a lot of other members.

There are more ways that Freedom! has helped me, but this is all I can think of right now.
I have some issues with your post.

First off all, knowledge you can gain anywhere and don't have to be a part of a network in order to acquire it. You can acquire everything you have from Freedom without being a partner. You might not be able to get tickets answered and all that because of no ID number, but the amount of information you can get outside of Freedom as sources are multitudes in amount and higher quality. You even say you learned all this from watching The George Show. The majority of what he covers isn't actually valuable information. You can subscribe to channels like Dottotech or Video Creators and get better more laser focused information from them on tools and methods to grow your channel and from people who are actual content creators, George isn't.

Royalty free and copyright free music isn't exclusive to Freedom. You can get these things from not being in a network. Does it require legwork? Yes, but welcome to content creation! You're going to be doing a lot of that as your channel gets larger. It's the nature of the beast and Position Music isn't the end all be all of music out there. Is a lot of it good? Yes. Doesn't mean giving up at most 40% of your revenue (which can cause you to earn less than AdSense mind you) is a worthwhile deal to take with a MCN.

Again, you mention something else you can do without being part of a network: socializing. Part of Freedom's whole business model is to provide a community for people. You can be a part of it without being a partner. You can do this on Reddit, any official forums of a video game, a guild/clan in a game, etc. You don't need a network for that plus if you go find the communities that best fit your content vertical then you'll be more well equipped to grow your channel.

Provided graphics and templates mean pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things. With how much free software there is out there to make branding art (such as GIMP), you can utilize YouTube to create some pretty cool branding artwork yourself. Part of being a content creator is willing to put in the time and effort into things that aren't necessarily for making video content.

Essentially what I am trying to point out is that you don't need a YouTube network to do all of these things and acquire all of these things. Chances are the quality of these points they provided for you are less than those you could gain on your own. I'd take a relationship over a graphic artist and animator and a music artist over anything Freedom provides or any network for that matter.

Good luck though.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
You definitely don't need to join a network, it depends what you are going for. The downsides are you receive only 60% to start off with. The upside is potential for more growth. If you want 100% of your earnings don't join a network but if you are prepared to put in the effort Freedom can help channel grow, it is still possible that it wont help. Just depends how much that 40% is worth to you.

I think one of the main reasons people join a network is they may never reach the 100,000ish views to get paid out $100 from youtube, or it could take them years to get there. It's a nice incentive to slowly earn a few dollars that you can actually spend on stuff.

Also we got cool prizes :p We gave out $200 worth of prizes last month on the forums

Reactions: Demkeys

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
Freedom did helped me with their tips and many people here also helped me but still its like I got a bad luck over my channel but yea over 2 years I did learn a lot from freedom and did change many things that I wasn't before but u know somehow still I have no audience because there are random viewers and people subscribe just like that or maybe I still lack something here and there and cannot keep people coming back for more

koz

YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2014
YouTube
Freedom inadvertently helped my channel grow when I was doing YouTube. It was mainly the people I met along the way here on the forums that helped me grow. Bee, Kan, Rumandapples, and Row are just some people that inspired me to keep working on videos to grow my channel the way I did. Though I stopped making videos a little over a year ago.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
I'm here in freedom for a few days and I see this network can help you. it only depends on how much you help others and how active you are with your content on youtube and how creative you are. and if people see you here enough. but the most important thing of all here is that we all help eachother as one big family. that we all grow together and help together.