Network How Much Will The New Rules Affect Me?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Since I haven't even yet hit the 10,000 views needed, so I'm still not part of any network. However now it appears I won't be able to join for a long time. I have just 220 subscribers and 9.5k views after 4 and a half years of hard work so getting to 1,000 subs will take forever, and those 4k hours will take even longer. But is that actually bad for my channel as it currently stands? Will it cause more issues in the future? Is fact I can't join a network for so long be bad for my channel?

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Sorry to hear this. I checked out 5 of your videos to check how you are tagging. One thing you need to improve on is learning to tag your videos correctly. As a content creator on social media. You should be studying how SEO (search engine optimization) and social media video marketing works. When I'm not uploading, I'm teaching myself social media marketing on how to grow on different platforms quicker. I've learned bad and good ways to growing on different platforms. The algorithms are always changing so it best to keep up to date and study and test new things to trigger the algorithm to be in your favor.
This will help you out some. http://blog.grapevinelogic.com/proper-use-of-tags-4-tips-to-grow-your-youtube-audience/

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I wouldn't say that not having the 4K 1K requirements is bad for your channel, there will be lots of other channels that are in the same boat as you. Really you need to use this to push yourself forward and see this as an obstacle to overcome, and a challenge to conquer. I can't see why it would hurt your channel and really being able to join a network isn't bad for your channel.

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I already read that article before.
It doesn't look like you are doing that on your videos though. This is one of the most important things about tagging.
  1. Specific: these are keywords that are specific to the content in your video. The topic of that specific video needs to be highlighted in the tags. Often times when you are typing words, Youtube will give you suggestions of keywords and phrases. If these apply to your content you should use them, however you should also add generic versions of those same words.
  2. Compound: these are tags with two or more words used. Many people will tag the title of their video. If you choose to do this make sure you leave out propositions (and, as, or, etc) because Youtube ignores these words and you only have 500 characters for your tags. You should try to use all 500 characters allowed, but you don’t want to waste them on words that will be ignored.
  3. Generic: these are tags that have to do with the overall topic of your video. An example of this may be “DIY”, “How to”, or “vlog.” These words are probably going to be tags that you use in all of your videos. It is important to have a group of constant tags that are generic throughout your channel.

Reactions: LW