How to stay motivated?

ApexFrisk

Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Nottinghamshire
YouTube
Hey this is a topic i bet most people want the answer to including me. How to stay motivated? I find this hard myself as when i spend a long time editing and a long time making a video and i'm thinking to myself this video is going to do good, this is going to be great then you upload it to YouTube and you keep refreshing every hour to see the views. But then you see its only got 5 views in the past day and this can bring people really down and i know other YouTubers that get down over this and most of them give up but i want to know how can you stay motivated and not give up when this happens?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey this is a topic i bet most people want the answer to including me. How to stay motivated? I find this hard myself as when i spend a long time editing and a long time making a video and i'm thinking to myself this video is going to do good, this is going to be great then you upload it to YouTube and you keep refreshing every hour to see the views. But then you see its only got 5 views in the past day and this can bring people really down and i know other YouTubers that get down over this and most of them give up but i want to know how can you stay motivated and not give up when this happens?
I stay motivated by setting a schedule for myself. It can be hard at first when you're just starting out. Try making some friends to talk to, and they can keep your spirits high and mighty ^^ I wouldn't focus on the views, focus on the fun you're having!

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Just do what you love. Make videos about what you like because you will put more effort into it because you enjoy it. Aim for videos that last around 1-3 minutes and the occasional longer video. You shouldn't be spending hours editing, I only spend around 30 minutes editing for my gaming videos. And about 30 minutes filming.
Among larger youtubers there is a problem with youtubers algorithms, they display the negative comments higher up the comments section and that has actually brought apart man youtubers recently, especially vloggers.
Just do what you like and you will enjoy it, if your really not enjoying it then I would suggest reconsidering what sort of videos you make or take a break. Also, don't keep refreshing the videos, just ignore it for a day unless you got some comments.

Jae Evans

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
I sometimes feel the same but there are of course other things in life. It's not all about YouTube(considering I'm a smaller channel, it's easier to say.), but some people may take it too seriously. I just recommend doing things you enjoy. And advertising is a very key part to promoting any YouTube channel and its views. I wish you the best of luck in the future, but that's my tip. :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
It is about enjoying what you do. Sure we all want to grow big one day but the main factor in becoming big is that you must enjoy your work. If you don't like making the video and putting effort in it then your motivation drops.
Growth comes with time and hard work. Youtube is a long and sometimes Harsh journey but the main key is that you have fun during this journey, think about the possible new people you will meet, the new oppertunities that lay ahead the longer your out there.

nailsunleashed

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
This topic was mentioned in another post that I responded to earlier. It is soooo easy to lose motivation. And obsessing about the numbers will definitely lead to disappointment and frustration, especially as a new YouTuber. Making YouTube videos is hard work. You may spend hours upon hours recording, editing,etc. And you may feel that no one cares about your videos but you. But, you have to just keep on going and creating as if you have a huge amount of viewers. And eventually it will pay off. Good luck!:p

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Dude, I know exactly how you feel because I'm going through the same thing. Something that's helped me is to just enjoy what I do and ignore the numbers, which I know can be hard sometimes. Youtube is something I do to just destress myself and it's truly something I enjoy. I like filming and I like editing. I'm that you do too. Just try and remember the reason you started Youtube and forget about the subscribers and views

Reactions: nailsunleashed

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Success keeps me motivated, or, relative success. When a video does better in views and watch time than the average similar sized YouTuber, I feel like I've done it right.
To do this, I have focused on making videos that I know will succeed, and are often on topics that are hot and trending.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
in youtube somethimes you get those down days... even big are still having those days. you just have to get trough it. think about the future and go for it. that works for me ;)

Reactions: nailsunleashed

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
I can't remember if I've ever had a problem being motivated to make tutorial videos. I guess that's because the reason I started posting tutorials was because I wanted to share my knowledge, and that's something I enjoy doing. But if I had to name one thing that keeps me motivated, it would definitely be my viewers. They leave comments letting me know that my tutorials have helped them. That's enough motivation for me.
Not sure how much this will help, but all I can say is, do what you enjoy doing. If making this kinda content is something that you're really enjoying doing, keep doing it. But also, make sure that your audience is enjoying this content. Reach out to them, and ask them what they would like to watch, and provide them with that content.
Best of luck.

nailsunleashed

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
Remember why you started YouTube in the first place. If you are creating content that you feel good about, you are proud of, and you are doing what you love. That should be motivation in itself.:D