How would you rate similar recording software?

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
Software like shadowplay, FRAPS, Bandicam etc... I personally use bandicam, I was just wondering what everyone else likes to use and how well it workds for them! :D

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
I think OBS is the best free recording software to use. It compresses files so your recordings won't be large (ahem Fraps). But the only bad thing about OBS is that you have to fiddle with the settings, the settings will be different for every computer and if you don't know how the settings work, OBS won't be effective. You really have to know what you're doing. But I like Fraps as well but they do a poor job compressing the files, it gets way too large for my liking.

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
With bandicam, i was able to use an external codec (Lagarith Lossless codec). It compressed my files to a very reasonable size, and produced amazing quality with it. Though i did have to spend $39 for the bandicam license, it is one that lasts for life on that specific computer.

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
With bandicam, i was able to use an external codec (Lagarith Lossless codec). It compressed my files to a very reasonable size, and produced amazing quality with it. Though i did have to spend $39 for the bandicam license, it is one that lasts for life on that specific computer.

That seems like a good purchase. There's nothing wrong with buying software, in fact I pay for my editing software! Good to hear that someone didn't illegally obtain software. Good job! (y) (Y)