I Have No Ideas For YouTube Videos

Achillean

Lord Of Cringe
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2014
YouTube
I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to think of video ideas, but I keep failing. The main problem is that I don't know what kind of videos I should make. While I do like to make gaming videos, the market is admittedly over saturated, and it's too easy to edit (I like to have challenges because if something is too easy, I don't try my best.)
I want to make YouTube videos, but I don't want to be boring, or end up being like everyone else.
Basically, I don't know what kind of videos to make, and I would like some suggestions.

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Being unique these days can be hard and awkward because allot of people just try to hard. If I where you, I would make video's that you would like to watch yourself and if you're looking for a challenge try to combine it with something you love other then gaming. Mostly when I watch video's, I watch them because of the personality they bring.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The key is to come up with a formula, a way you express your personality through your videos. Take as much time as you need to come up with one, since as a small YouTuber you really won't be missed by a community while you take a break to determine what you want to do with your channel.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to think of video ideas, but I keep failing. The main problem is that I don't know what kind of videos I should make. While I do like to make gaming videos, the market is admittedly over saturated, and it's too easy to edit (I like to have challenges because if something is too easy, I don't try my best.)
I want to make YouTube videos, but I don't want to be boring, or end up being like everyone else.
Basically, I don't know what kind of videos to make, and I would like some suggestions.
I didn't hit my stride or niche right away. I found it after grinding out content, and continually shifting focus and trying new things. You'll find it eventually, just try to be consistent with getting content out there.

Make gameplay with friends, is always fun and it is always new every gameplay. Did you already tryed doing review of games? if not it is a good thing to do. You can try to make videos of how to get free games. There is a option to make giveaway of games too.

KJL

Rising User
Oct 26, 2015
Well, people such as Ali-A literally post anything whenever they possibly can. He literally threw up so many Black Ops 3 videos on the first week and failed to produce some of the series ones quick enough such as the campaign seems he was doing everything simultaneously. Stick to one thing in particular such as:
- Play-throughs (just playing the story with or without voice commentary)
- Tutorials (e.g ranking up, how to's, achievement/trophys)
- Location Guides (cod intels for example or halo skulls etc)
See which works good for you!

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
People have different tastes and wants when it comes to viewing. Don't so much make this a job. And your ideas will come to you! You make it like a job and you find yoursekf in this specific predicament!

Everyone has a preference, so no matter what you choose, youll eventually find a following.

monoman

Do animated video!
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube
Im doing animation and yes, it is very challenging and takes A LOT of time. Most of the idea of my vids just pop up in my brain and most of them are random and kinda weird. ;)

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Toilet reviews are a fairly untouched market...

rofl... sorry... I'm in a weird mood...

Wait... that's actually kinda an idea...

A rather odd one... but an idea it is... lol