I need help badly!

cuddlycobra

Freedom! Member
Mar 29, 2014
www.twitch.tv
YouTube
hey there!

so.. I don't do much on youtube but I stream on twitch.

but, a couple days ago.. I seemed to got my self some really good trolls, like they are realllyy bad (eg.. racial slurs and sexual comments about me and my lady)

every time I ban them they come back, I've made multiple reports to twitch.. thought I banned everyone that was involved.. and this has been 3 out of the 4 days that I've streamed.. and its getting ridiculous, I cant focus on what im streaming.. and the mods are banning people left.. right and center.

I guess im just asking, if anyone has had any luck with people like this?

Thanks

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
hey there!

but, a couple days ago.. I seemed to got my self some really good trolls, like they are realllyy bad (eg.. racial slurs and sexual comments about me and my lady)

every time I ban them they come back, I've made multiple reports to twitch.. thought I banned everyone that was involved.. and this has been 3 out of the 4 days that I've streamed.. and its getting ridiculous, I cant focus on what im streaming.. and the mods are banning people left.. right and center.

Thanks
It can be bothersome at times, have you considered getting an additional mod to filter it out? People can make a huge difference when they're helping you out as well. That way you don't need to deal with the hate. People get bored after a while as well ^^

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Don't draw much attention to it, is what I would say. I know I know, classic advice but this really helps. Try to make the mods ban them silently, or wait as long as possible before banning them and if they keep doing that and push you to your point of banning them, ban them silently, like I said! Hopefully this hepls :).

cuddlycobra

Freedom! Member
Mar 29, 2014
www.twitch.tv
YouTube
yeah its just something I have to learn I guess, I just wish there was a better way to have them gone.. then just banning and havving them come back.

like I said to one of my mods, "they just want to see me freak out".. then shortly after that one of them sent me a message saying "we dont want to see you freak out.. we want to see this stream burn, and we see you have a youtube and twitter"

then I get a follower on my twitter handing out weird looking links.. so I banned him and locked my twitter.

its just things like that.

thanks for the help! :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
They win if you let them get to you.
My suggestion is to quit banning them over and over, and just let their words go unnoticed.

ci833508

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
cigaming.biz
YouTube
leckcollin
hey there!

Thanks

Have you tried using nightbot or something like that. Try a chat bot to filter words and setup your own filters. Let me know if you need any help

cuddlycobra

Freedom! Member
Mar 29, 2014
www.twitch.tv
YouTube
yeah, I'm using nightbot at the moment and that does help.. they always start off night, try yo make them look like new nice people, then BAM!

I guess I can try to not ban them for a bit, but its just.. I don't want new people that arn't them, to think thats how I run my streams

it's kinda a weird hard balance I guess.

AngelPandaz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 27, 2015
YouTube
DarkAngelPandaz
Hey well I know everyone have told you this but I will say it again!
Find some good followers/friends that you know and make them mods and let them ban them! even in chat make sure no one replies to them and don't reply to them yourself and they will eventually go away,Contact twitch once again if they don't respond to you, they take these things seriously so I am sure they will help you out!
And maybe try to figure out who they might be? I mean trolls are trolls I had them before at the time but harassing you like that maybe theyre are a group of gamers you played with before and it didn't go out well?
I dunno just try to think about it but just ignore them and hopefully they will go away :p
Good luck :D

cuddlycobra

Freedom! Member
Mar 29, 2014
www.twitch.tv
YouTube
well it would seem that twitch doesn't take my reports seriously.. because I've done 3 different reports.. with a full description of what happened and a list of all the names I banned, and followed me.. and they have yet to be removed from my follower list :/

and also.. I recently took a little break from streaming, so I don't really have much people coming back.. I do have a regular mod and shes really helpful.. so that's good! :p

it could be someone I knew at one point.. now that you bring that up, I helped someone get into the streaming world.. but that didn't pan out well.

I guess the next step is to not even talk to them / or about them

Thanks!

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
What I would do is keep banning any trolls that you keep coming across and ignore them. Dont respond to their messages or even care to notice that they are there, and they will eventually go away. Trolls are only there for attention and if you do not give them that they will go away. Hope this helps