I need your help with an issue!

• Thread starter Deleted member 17740
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17740

I have come across an annoying issue.
I don't know what to upgrade in my pc, what should i upgrade my graphics card to?
I have upto £270
I am using a VGA connected monitor, that may be able although I`m not sure, take HDMI.
my pc specs:

operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Dell Inc. OptiPlex 755
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
Processor a 2.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual E2200
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A22 06/11/2012
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 620

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleGravy

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2016
Wales
YouTube
Uncle_Gravy
Blimey an old 775 based platform.

Honestly, I would save up and upgrade the lot, new or second hand.

Even if you went with a GTX 1050 which wouldn't require any additional power from PCI-E cables, that very old and being brutally honest very weak processor and DDR2 ram will just bottleneck the thing in gaming.

But with me assuming its for gaming, what is the use of the PC? If you're intent with staying with your current setup, I'd say if you haven't already buy an SSD for it, if you're still using a HDD as an O/S drive then a SSD will significantly speed your PC up for general use.

Also just realising, Depending what style Dell 755 you got, you may not be able to add a GPU with a full size bracket, if its the thin small form factor Dell 755 I'm thinking of then there really is no point in thinking of upgrading the GPU, even moving to something like a GT740, you couldn't game on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17740

The use of the pc is gaming, while i use an avermedia capture card to record.
And, talking to alot of other people, i agree with you and that i need to get a new pc.
thanks for the help! :D

D

Deleted member 17740

Hay, i don't mind bad news :D at least it lets me know what i have to do!
I'd prefer to hear bad news that i can use to improve either my setup or experience than something that doesn't at all
:D

btw, know where i can get any good gaming pc's online for a reasonable price?