Mike Newman

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 20, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
madmik32510
Hey all
I have been seeing a few people worried about the negativity their content receives at times. So i have to say don't worry about it too much. If people hate on a video it is engagement they have taken time out of their day to watch comment and rate your videos. As you all know engagement on YT is a big thing. If you have a troll that keeps harrassing you then remember they are contributing to your success.
I would love to hear everyone else's thoughts and opinions on this too

the algorithm doesn't know the difference between a hate comment or a love comment. any kind of comment is good for your video. a friend's biggest hater would harass him to high heavens ended up being his biggest fanboy. like the resident hater. but how dare anyone else leave a hate comment, that was his job and he wouldn't tolerate anyone else leaving one lol

Reactions: RyanSellers

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
the algorithm doesn't know the difference between a hate comment or a love comment. any kind of comment is good for your video. a friend's biggest hater would harass him to high heavens ended up being his biggest fanboy. like the resident hater. but how dare anyone else leave a hate comment, that was his job and he wouldn't tolerate anyone else leaving one lol
I'm pretty sure they can

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
they might. I read somewhere a 2 or 3 years ago that they couldn't, but oh how things change. I was under the impression that they just saw comments, likes and dislikes as video interactions or something
Artificial intelligence has come a long way since then, YouTube is known to use it so I think that probably has changed since then :)

I will agree with you. since I don't really know. :D they are constantly "improving" the algorithm and always saying that it has flaws. it is possible that now it can tell the difference. it's funny how we have completely have hijacked this thread (sorry about that)

back on topic: if we let the haters win then we give up. we mustn't ever give up, we need to channel our "inner Miranda Sings" and shout "haters back off"

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
This is true @LW001 Any engagement is a positive towards the video. Like or dislike affects your video the same and same with good and bad comments.

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
Is bad in my book. Had this comment on one of my video and it also came from a Freedom member too.

Attachments

• 2018-02-21 02_38_40-(19) Freedom Crypto Miner (Beta) - YouTube.png
    2018-02-21 02_38_40-(19) Freedom Crypto Miner (Beta) - YouTube.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 4

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Is bad in my book. Had this comment on one of my video and it also came from a Freedom member too.

Blind hatred like you got is bad. Constructive feedback which often gets mistaken for hate is a good thing.

But it's also important to not let that stuff affect you either. It's best in your case to either ignore it or leave a witty response in my opinion. It depends on the type of hate though in general.