Is having artistic one-word titles spam?

Nosgov

New User
Mar 31, 2017
I've been using and I've seen them being used by many for years & at the same time I heard you can get your channel terminated for such titles.

These are the titles i'm talking about:

Attachments

• 07f123801b008ddf713952b56275e682.png
    07f123801b008ddf713952b56275e682.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 13

Nosgov

New User
Mar 31, 2017
Well it really would depend on how you are using them and whether or not you could argue that the title isn't misleading.

These all are just titles that imho fit the videos I don't use them as keywords to boost the views up but I don't think YouTube cares about that. But then the question is what else could I set as a title? All the editors are doing that, it's simply just a title of the montage/edit or whatever.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
These all are just titles that imho fit the videos I don't use them as keywords to boost the views up but I don't think YouTube cares about that. But then the question is what else could I set as a title? All the editors are doing that, it's simply just a title of the montage/edit or whatever.
I completely understand, while I can't say what may or may not be classified as spam titles from Youtube, I always advise caution if people / creators are doing this to boost views - which as you said your not, which is great :) . I think YouTube does understand if its a montage people can name it whatever they like, as long as its relevant / can be linked to the video and isn't being used to boost views etc then you should be fine

Reactions: Nosgov

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Here's my view on them:
I think it's not really smart to call your videos like that except you have really good tags. While it may make some tension to watch the video to find out what happens in it, it won't get you anywhere in search results except if you are a large YouTuber already. I'd at least add something after it (Name of the game, what you do, don't get too specific to still keep people excited) and never forget about Tags and Description.

Nosgov

New User
Mar 31, 2017
Here's my view on them:
I think it's not really smart to call your videos like that except you have really good tags. While it may make some tension to watch the video to find out what happens in it, it won't get you anywhere in search results except if you are a large YouTuber already. I'd at least add something after it (Name of the game, what you do, don't get too specific to still keep people excited) and never forget about Tags and Description.

I have my own community and I promote my videos on reddit & random forums from time to time so boosting my youtube search stats like that is the last thing I need right now. I've been getting nice views like that without any kind of tags or descriptions. Thanks for the reply btw.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It's difficult to justify about the metadata related to the videos. YouTube does have an option to report videos for having misleading metadata (like saying "GTA 6 GAMEPLAY" when just rambling about random things over GTA V gameplay. But it's a very blurry line to draw because what could one word have to do with the video but also what could I not have to do with the video?