OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
If so, can you please share some subreddits you use. If not, explain why. I ask this question because there are very little places you can share your content without looking like spam, and subreddits look like the only place you can rely on for me. For example the subreddit NewTubers is specifically for promoting YouTube channels and I've started using it just now so I don't know if it's any good. I just don't want to waste my time on reddit if it doesn't help my channel.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
If so, can you please share some subreddits you use. If not, explain why. I ask this question because there are very little places you can share your content without looking like spam, and subreddits look like the only place you can rely on for me. For example the subreddit NewTubers is specifically for promoting YouTube channels and I've started using it just now so I don't know if it's any good. I just don't want to waste my time on reddit if it doesn't help my channel.
It depends on your video content, for myself I can post to the Hearthstone reddit. Remember as well, you can't post all your videos often, you can get shadowbanned for it.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Ok but I play a lot of different games and stuff it's finding the right subreddit to post in that's difficult. Has using reddit helped your channel as a whole?
I used it one time, and I got 150 for a lackluster video. It works extremely well for getting noticed, but you need to share your best content. I plan on only using it for a rare video.

Reactions: OnlyUltimate

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Been a while since I have posted to reddit but for minecraft videos I post in

/r/minecraft
/r/minecraftinventions
/r/redstone
/r/survivalredstone (my own subreddit)
/r/trueminecraft

Most of these subreddits allow/encourage cross posts (posting the same thing in different subreddits). Also I usually post 10 or so replies for each post I make. So don't just post a link and leave, you should always reply and interact with others in the comunity before posting your own links. Don't just post links of videos, post other things like images and gifs as well.

Post content where people want to find it, if it's a video of a dog, find a dog subreddit. Don't post it to /r/videos

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Reddit is a cool community but it did not help me to spread my channel it actually caused dislikes so I quit posting there, I now just use the forums and mainly participate in the secretsanta traditions because I just really love the concept!
I had the same thing. I was active for a while with socializing and then a few months later i shared 1 vid and it got dislike bombed like crazy and spammed with hatefull comments. From that moment i stopped using it.

ViphyleanGaming

Rising User
Mar 24, 2016
YouTube
It can be extremely useful! However you have to follow all of their rules, and all of the subreddit rules or you will get shadowbanned without any notice. They really keep to their 10%-90% content rule.

Shadow6

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2014
Western Australia
YouTube
*as said in another reddit post i replied to*

I used to post on Reddit alot.. just make sure you post to the right sub-reddit and that the people dont mind you posting there.

On another note also accept that you may get alot of negativity from there.. I didnt get it that badly but theres always alot of
fussy and picky people on there who will happily rip sh*t out of you and your content.

not trying to put you off but yes please be aware of that.. on saying that though there is also alot of highly supportive people :)