Forum Milestone I've been here for two years.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Does it prove that I don't give up? Probably.

I'm going to take this opportunity to show off the developments with my channel over the past 366 days. Yeah, did you forget it was a leap year? Hopefully I can nail these down in chronological order.

About a year ago I was still trying to poke into the gaming scene, with no sizable luck and the greatest achievement being a Beseige video that scored 1500 views. It was a one off, so while it felt good to have that accomplished, it was not a lasting one since it was not easily redone.

Soon after that I took a break from making YouTube videos and worked on building up a gaming rig with the whole idea of making a popular gaming channel with clearer and better quality product than the next guy. By the time I was able to get the gaming rig up and running, it was November and a few thousand dollars later.
During the summer, I found then-rising still-rising YouTube vlogger Casey Neistat and something clicked in me that said "that". There was an appeal to making videos about life, and about your view on the world. So I ditched the gaming channel idea that I had held for the last few months and was like "Yes, vlogging". I first invested $500 into the camera, and soon found the entire rig to be worth more than $1000 after SD cards, tripods, the $330 Shure VP83 microphone, and the rest of the setup that I used.

To date, the setup I use to make videos is valued at a "I earned that much & spent it!?" $5430 CAD (~$4160 US)

9 months ago, a posted a timelapse with my iPhone which has 93 views to date and I'm not sure why.

6 months ago, after the camera setup was completed, I made a video testing the camera and it got 165 views. Sometime around here, I changed my channel name from my forum alias here, to the name listed on all of my real identification. I completely ditched the idea of a lifeish-vlogger having an alias, it didn't seem right. So away it went.
Around that same time I posted a few videos that were really mostly about the view I have on YouTube success and how it should really be views, which the two videos collectively have about 200 views, both of them have more views than I have subscribers now (6 months later) and I never advertised them.

Since about 3 months ago, I've uploaded 36 videos, two of them don't seem to stop getting views, and one of them breached the 1,000 mark again without advertising. Within those 36 videos, I average 51% more views than I do subscribers.

I'm starting to take this game seriously, and I'm bringing my experiences with me to my first year of University.

Here's to another year, Freedom! family.

Nolan.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed