I've noticed a few videos on Youtube, claiming that Freedom is a scam.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I wouldn't say Freedom is a scam, but if someone says it's a good network, they would be lying or not paying much attention to what is going on.
I have been with Freedom since pretty much the beginning and have stuck up for them on many occasions as well. However, since I have been with them for so long, I am able to point out all the faults I have witnessed.

1. More than half the things promised are never accomplished.
2. Things that are accomplished are often later taken away.
3. They often promise features before you sign up when those features don't actually exist yet or never will. AKA ... lying.
4. They literally do not offer anything that you cannot get from any other network, besides position music.
5. Their rev share is pretty much garbage for what you get. (Unless you are so small that it doesn't matter)
6. They treat their employees fairly poorly and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out with how often people leave, and the Drama that occurs as they go. Some even long time employees have left due to the crap going on within Freedom. (Not going to name names)
7. They have unrealistic projects. Let's take the Community Team for example. It was meant to be a 24/7 team to answer every single comment on the youtube videos, and acting as a type of support group. They want professional comments, and they treated everyone on the team like it was a job, but wanted everyone to work for free. Then they started just throwing in random people onto the team and it all went to ****.
8. Freedom is a company about money, like every other company that exists. Some people forget that this is the case. When the cameras are rolling it's a show and nothing more.
9. Their support isn't that good. They hire more people in the Philippines who really have no idea what they are doing, because it's cheaper to do so.
10. They are always looking to take away benefits from partners if they can get away with it to save a bit of money. (TubeBuddy as most recent example) Yet, not many people hold Freedom accountable after they do these sorts of things. It's swept under the rug, with a simple George video.
11. Freedom has a bad reputation among many youtubers, big and small and it's reputations just keeps growing worse, for good reason.
12. Freedom does have a few shady policies that allow them to keep money from a youtuber where every other network would actually still pay up. (This is often where you get those videos of Freedom never paying someone. Although, I have a feeling this has more to do with my next point and to keep themselves safe from being sued.)
13. They accept everyone regardless of size and quality. Probably why they keep the money because they are at more risk. (It's basically a win win policy for them, they can bring in just about anyone and earn profit while not having to worry about the consequences.)
14. The team that actually runs Freedom, are not actually anything amazing. Pretty much all a bunch of no bodies who have no idea what they are actually doing. Why do you think most of their own videos are poor quality? Yet they are suppose to be a network to teach and help youtubers. How exactly does that work? A lot of the partners have better quality video. The only show that did have quality was Impulse and they canned it because it costed too much and was not getting enough views. (As I said, it's all about the money, if it's not earning them money then it's a waste, even if it's overall a good thing.)
15. Freedom often relies on the partners they bring into the network to provide services free of charge to other partners and then makes it seem like it's a feature of the network itself.
16. George also often makes poor business decisions which is sort of weird. Spending tons of money on things that never turns into anything. It's why a lot of the promises never actually happen.

The sad thing is I can go on and on. I can list positives too, but it's the same positives you would get from any other network, but without most of the negatives. Freedom, often also tries to silence people from speaking poorly about them.

Here is a video about working at Freedom that they tried to take down.

Reactions: akirby80

TeeGG

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2016
YouTube
Thank you for taking the time to write this lengthy post, it certainly puts things into perspective. I will confess to having a short convo with paid Freedom member who claimed that things were bad behind the scenes. If so, that's a shame.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Thank you for taking the time to write this lengthy post, it certainly puts things into perspective. I will confess to having a short convo with paid Freedom member who claimed that things were bad behind the scenes. If so, that's a shame.

Ya, overall I wouldn't say Freedom is a bad network, but it's not exactly a good network either. It's just another network in the sea of networks XD. Although Freedom used to be much better, back when they first began.

Reactions: Kan

ajohm130

Rising User
Jan 24, 2016
YouTube
Allan_titan
i agree heck i joined nearly a year ago cause i heard youtubers in networks have a better chance of beating false copyright claims and to get help growing my channel cause i didnt know how to do that (still not 100% sure) but i at least understood the amount of work id need to do to grow my channel

SinghStyleGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 13, 2015
YouTube
Where did they get that Idea from? I've never had any real issues with Freedom. Here's one of them.

even i made a video on y channel about freedom vs voustudios and reviewed both networks but there is nothing scam about freedom network.The thing is whoever joins freedom thinks that their channel is going to be a bigger in months and they are going to earn alot of money bu that is not the thing.The key to success of your channel is in your hands!

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
There are flaws, with every network of course(including Freedom). While I most likely won't progress in my future on YouTube to say work at Freedom!(at said locations,ect.) I don't mind currently being a partner with them. Though I will miss Tubebuddy nowadays, it still won't effect a big drastic change. That being said, there are pros and cons with everything, and every business.

(I'm not trying to take sides on stuff like this, but trying to stay in the middle ground).

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
I've been with Freedom for 2 years now, and I've had a very good experience so far. In fact, I would even recommend it to any friends of mine looking to become YouTubers. In my opinion, the statement that Freedom is a scam, is completely incorrect.

Back when I had joined Freedom, I remember George mentioning the Graphic Designers in one of his videos. But I don't remember him promising anything about them. If I remember right, it was just other Freedom partners on the forum willing to offer their services to you by making Profile Pics, Cover Art, Thumbnails, etc for free. Maybe I'm just not remembering right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Now here's what I understood from this guy's rant...
They take 40% of your monthly earnings, their support isn't very good, they provide copyright free music whereas there already are plenty of other sources to get copyright free music, so Freedom is a scam.
Not really getting that logic, but everyone's got their opinion.