YouTube Livestreaming does it help?

Fluxxiee

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 20, 2015
YouTube
So my questions is does livestreaming help even more in gaining new subs and viewers vs videos?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
I've been doing some livestreaming, however no one ever watches them. I get like 10-20 views on most my videos, so chances of someone watching my stream are tiny. They probably do help if you actually have people to watch them.

Reactions: Violeta León

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I've been doing some livestreaming, however no one ever watches them. I get like 10-20 views on most my videos, so chances of someone watching my stream are tiny. They probably do help if you actually have people to watch them.
dude I did try to help you once before, you need to make good titles and good video description and have good video tags as well, in the description you have to be descriptive about your video, not just one simple line, and your video tags can contain anything that is in your video such as any pokemon card you read out to your viewers etc etc

Vigilant

Aug 24, 2017
YouTube
TheVigilantYT
I got some helpful advice for this!

I personally use Twitch.tv and link my YouTube channel in the description (bigger audience on twitch) however YouTube is not an unattractive option, considering there aren't that many YouTube streamers you can be the #1 streamer for a game much easier on YouTube than twitch. YouTube has started showing live-streams more and more, and started highlighting them in subscription boxes, if you put a nice title and tags and make it creative people will join!

If you don't know what to stream here are some examples based on your channel!

So it looks like you're a variety streamer, similar to me! If I was to stream on YouTube some things I may find interesting to stream are: just a general live-stream to chat with audience and vote on games together for you all to play, you could also incorporate links to sites to buy some of the games you're playing. For instance on my about section of my YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM-Y5aZd1CgQolphqU_fKvw/about I have a link to a game reselling site that will give me commission based on whoever clicks that link and buys a game, you could sign up for it to or other sites similar to it (GreenManGaming, CDKeys, Amazon Affiliate) and then you could generate revenue off of that while you're not in YouTube's monetization program if your viewers wanted to buy some of the games you've played.

Also for games that are shorter and you want to play in your free time you could turn into a "chill-stream", for instance a game like Poly Bridge you really wouldn't upload a series on it as it wouldn't likely gain much traction, but you could play it and talk to fans in the background while relaxing, you could share your stream on twitter and maybe gain a few subs too!

Make it fun, it's much easier than it looks and while it may take a few streams to do, you can generate extra revenue and gain extra fans with YouTube's new features promoting streams!

Reactions: zeke morgan

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I do all of that already anyway, yet still nothing.
No mate I'm sorry but you don't...... this is your description "Today I go over a new Pokemon TCG deck I made, which includes Mewtwo GX, Gengar, and other psychic and dark Pokemon. " I'm sorry but that is not a descriptive description of your video

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
How is it not? It describes what the video is about and it has plenty of keywords for SEO.
if you're not going to take the advice people give you mate then there's nothing anyone can do to help you, i have explained all this to you once before I'm sorry to say but I see no effort in your description. and I also advised you to work on your delivery on how you give the info

Reactions: Vigilant

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
What ? Where did that come from?

Again, how, what is wrong with it? How is it not descriptive?
you name only two Pokemon a descriptive description would have named them all, not as tags it would have to read as a sentence so you could have talked about the Pokemon you gave info about in the description but you put one line which isn't good metadata, so what would of been more descriptive to you talking about all the pokemon that are in this video or only saying that you talk about two of the pokemon??

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
ou name only two Pokemon a descriptive description would have named them all
That's for the video. The whole point of the video is to go through every single card in that deck. I just included two that are the most important to the deck and are the most popular from the deck.
not as tags it would have to read as a sentence so you could have talked about the Pokemon you gave info about in the description but you put one line which isn't good metadata
What? I really don't understand what you mean there.
so what would of been more descriptive to you talking about all the pokemon that are in this video or only saying that you talk about two of the pokemon
Again, what are you trying to say.

And don't forget. That is all just one video. I make 6 a week. 6 chances each week to maybe get a few views.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
That's for the video. The whole point of the video is to go through every single card in that deck. I just included two that are the most important to the deck and are the most popular from the deck.

What? I really don't understand what you mean there.

Again, what are you trying to say.

And don't forget. That is all just one video. I make 6 a week. 6 chances each week to maybe get a few views.
Ok so this is my description for one video

-----------------------------------------

He thought he could escape me, but he was dead wrong!!. When you hear my lullaby there is no escaping me. Wad up noobs welcome back to my Huntress series on Dead By Daylight this survivor thought he could get away by using the hatch he was my obsession so I thought he would have had decisive strike so what I did instead of trying to hook him I decided I would mori him and slay him with my AXE I was not going to risk having him escape by trying to hook him as he was the only survivor left after hooking the other 3 survivors be sure to leave me all your feedback in the comments below, and don't forget to KEEP IT SEXY EVERYONE!!!

Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.
Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.
The Survivors' goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer - something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.

More information about the game is available at

Game Link

-----------------------------------

And this is your description

Today I go over a new Pokemon TCG deck I made, which includes Mewtwo GX, Gengar, and other psychic and dark Pokemon.

----------------------------------

i hope this shows you what i mean by descriptive

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Ok so this is my description for one video

-----------------------------------------

He thought he could escape me, but he was dead wrong!!. When you hear my lullaby there is no escaping me. Wad up noobs welcome back to my Huntress series on Dead By Daylight this survivor thought he could get away by using the hatch he was my obsession so I thought he would have had decisive strike so what I did instead of trying to hook him I decided I would mori him and slay him with my AXE I was not going to risk having him escape by trying to hook him as he was the only survivor left after hooking the other 3 survivors be sure to leave me all your feedback in the comments below, and don't forget to KEEP IT SEXY EVERYONE!!!

Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.
Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.
The Survivors' goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer - something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.

More information about the game is available at

Game Link

-----------------------------------

And this is your description

Today I go over a new Pokemon TCG deck I made, which includes Mewtwo GX, Gengar, and other psychic and dark Pokemon.

----------------------------------

i hope this shows you what i mean by descriptive
I still don't get your point. It describes what I do in the video and most importantly it has plenty of keywords for SEO, which is its main purpose.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Yeah live streaming will really help in the watch time department. I've also noticed on some of my streams that I will gain around 1-4 subscribers every stream which when I'm gaining only 15-30 subscribers a month on average it's quite a lot honestly. I'd stream more often on top of my regular videos if I didn't have a job to worry about.