Request Looking for Feedback :)

Dillon

Freedom! Member
Jun 3, 2014
YouTube
Hey everyone!

First let me say thank you for checking this out; while I tend to get pretty positive feedback, I rarely seem to get constructive ideas on what I can do to make my content better.

I started my channel properly in March of 2014 (just a few months before joining Freedom!). And while I consider my production value and experience to have grown exponentially, I've only gone up to about 330 or so subscribers. Perhaps this is a typical experience, but I've seen many channels get much further in a shorter time, so I'd love to hear your thoughts (following the generic "best tips" has only gotten me so far).

Almost all my videos are geared towards humor, whether it's skits, rants, vlogs, etc. I have two consistent shows, "This F*cking Red Table" (rant series), and "Synopsis" - 30 seconds or less to give my thoughts on trending topics.

I do also have a Facebook page for my channel, Twitter, and WordPress where I write blogs as well (all @DahrkMezalf).

Thanks again! Your feedback means the world to me; I want to turn my passion into a big success. The link is just below :)

Hicksu

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
YouTube
wow this is a hard nut to crack! :/ I mean the only stuff I can see you to improve is stuff you are already improving! such as ideas and getting more and more comfortable in front of the camera/recording, more flow in editing of videos! That's just stuff you get better on over time! You could always work on thumbnails, maybe think over YT banner/avatar if you can improve that!
Most of the times when you feel your content is really good but you still don't grow in views/subs, it's probably due to lack of advertisement! People don't know you exists! Though getting on forums and collaboration are good ways to do so!

Hope I help you out in some way! :p Just keep it up and have fun! :) You'll go far! ^.^

Reactions: Dillon

Dillon

Freedom! Member
Jun 3, 2014
YouTube
wow this is a hard nut to crack! :/ I mean the only stuff I can see you to improve is stuff you are already improving! such as ideas and getting more and more comfortable in front of the camera/recording, more flow in editing of videos! That's just stuff you get better on over time! You could always work on thumbnails, maybe think over YT banner/avatar if you can improve that!
Most of the times when you feel your content is really good but you still don't grow in views/subs, it's probably due to lack of advertisement! People don't know you exists! Though getting on forums and collaboration are good ways to do so!

Hope I help you out in some way! :p Just keep it up and have fun! :) You'll go far! ^.^

I appreciate it; thank you! Actually makes me feel good not having an obvious weak spot. I'll toy with some new designs for sure (was already looking into it anyway). Exposure has always been my biggest challenge. I mean, Facebook is anti-YouTube, so that's always rough, but I'll keep searching for relevant places I can do a shameless plug haha.

And I'd love to do collaborations! Only downside is not having any active YouTube friends, and I'm not sure where to find some with similar tastes here. (Just moved to Seattle). But I'll keep trying!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
A reason other people succeed so quickly, is their ability to work with others. Collaboration, or finding like-minded people tends to get the word out about your channel more. Standing out is important for this reason alone. How can you attract people, when you're in an ocean? Find a landmark, and set-up your cookie stand, you'll get a ton more bites depending on what location you're at ^^

Reactions: Dillon

Dillon

Freedom! Member
Jun 3, 2014
YouTube
A reason other people succeed so quickly, is their ability to work with others. Collaboration, or finding like-minded people tends to get the word out about your channel more. Standing out is important for this reason alone. How can you attract people, when you're in an ocean? Find a landmark, and set-up your cookie stand, you'll get a ton more bites depending on what location you're at ^^

Well said. I just need to figure out how to find local YouTubers who are dedicated and share interests. Hmm..