Looking for LGBT-inclusive games

Proud to be fruit

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Jun 1, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I'm looking for LGBT-friendly games. Games that include LGBT+ people in a non-stereotypical way. Suggestions?

[EDIT] Of course, games that give the player the option to decide the sexual preference of their character, also counts.

Last edited:

Proud to be fruit

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Jun 1, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Serious question; How would you know unless it was stereotypical? Any character could technically be LGBT+ but you just wouldn't know unless they did "stereotypical" stuff.

Oh, the way to know if someone is gay (or maybe bi) is when a character shows sexual/romantic interest in people of the same sex. Or out right discloses their sexuality. Or maybe it says so in the character description. LGBT+ inclusive games are also when you are given the option to decide your character's sexuality yourself. It's quite uncomplicated in my opinion. Examples of games that have included any of the above are Mass effect, The Sims and Dreamfall chapters.

Noting stereotypical behavior is actually no way to know what sexuality anyone has, for two reasons. One, they are just stereotypes and two, personality and sexuality are two completely different things. Ghirahim in Skyward sword, for example, is pretty flamboyant, but one can still not conclude homosexual attraction from that. I'm sure there are more similar examples, but the point is that one should be careful concluding sexuality from personality.

I hope that answers you question, let me know if you wonder anything else =)

Last edited:

Proud to be fruit

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Jun 1, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
It doesn't really, honestly it just creates more questions lol. I won't get into it though :)

Now you got me curious ;) What are these question? Indulge me by discussing this with me. After all answering questions and clearing up misconceptions regarding LGBT is what I do. I'm thinking both of us can gain from discussing this. Let's take the opportunity!

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Well there is South Park Stick of Truth... you start off as the new kid (a guy) and dress up as a girl to i filtrate the girls group later in the game... You can mod the game to cross dress the whole game though too...

Also Final Fantasy 7 has a part fairly early in the game where Cloud (guy) dresses up as a prostitute to get close to a boss character in the game...

Sorry thats all I can really think of right now