Most Electrifying Workout

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
So... Im kinda lazy, when it comes to exercise... So when I was a kid I had this crazy idea to build this thing...

Lol... Dont mind the writing... I had to make sure anyone who came across this thing knew it was dangerous...

Anyways, what the heck is it?

Back in the 90s we had big speakers on our stereo systems and they were hooked up with 2 wires. I attached this device to the 2 wires from a speaker...

Inside the device is a transformer that increases the power coming from the wires and sends it out to two copper pipes that I held on to... and a switch... for safety... lol

The electricity would then course through my body from one arm to the other to the music that I would put on. Different beats and bass sounds would be the most powerful, and the volume control also could be used to increase or decrease the level of shock....

This device did two things... For one it was really freaking neat to feel the music... not just hear it but literally have music coursing through your body... Very freaking cool...
But the side effect of having electricity course through your body is it involutarily causes your muscles to tense up much like they would if you were exercising... except you didnt have to do anything but enjoy your music and hold on to these electric prods.

Doing this alot actually caused me to have pretty crazy strength in my arms, without doing anything else I could do more chinups than anyone else in my school... I was like a machine that was was charged with electricity...

Another cool use for it was force feedback in games... cause you would get shocked when you die or bombs go off or gunfire near...

Alot of people thought I was insane doing this... but 20 years later Ive been hearing that they use a similar electrical exercise at reabiliation centers, and Ive even seen a similar device being sold on tv as exercise equipment.

So its really neat to see this actually becoming a thing.

I truly felt like shocking myself with this thing was actually beneficial for my body somehow... Id be interested to seeing some study of what electric shock actually does to a body...

It may even strengthen the heart for all I know, I mean how else can you exercise an organ that is inside your body??

Anyways... Yeah... Im crazy...

And this is my electriction/force feedback machine...

What you guys think of this?

Ps... dont try this at home kids... lol I take no resposibility for what you may do with this information... this is just a story from my childhood. Do not attempt without proper electrical knowledge.